New sights

IDPA, IPSC, ICORE & More!

Moderator: carlson1

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New sights

Post by Beiruty »

I have similar experience. When I painted the front sight of PX4-4" green and the rear 2-dots green too. My shooting improved. I was in 30%-45% and It jumped to around 50%-55%
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

Cool and thanks for the advise. I think about getting into that as well.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

LTUME1978

Post by LTUME1978 »

Another way to go is to use computer glasses to shoot in. I used to have a problem with the front sight as well (seeing it and focusing on it). I started wearing my comupter glasses so that I could only see the front sight (target is a blur) and my scores improved a good bit as well. I shoot as PSC also and went from top 20 -25 % to top 10-15%. My accuraty improved as well.

John

Trilogy

Post by Trilogy »

I found some interesting shooting glasses on Amazon.com that have built-in reader lenses behind the safety lense. You look a little goofy but the sites are clear and your still protected. Different strength readers can be ordered. They work great for me. Use search terms "shooting glasses with readers" (no link posted to stay out of trouble with the mods but you can get to the site easily enough). I recommend them highly and use them every time I shoot.
Trilogy
CHL Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor & RSO

Return to “Competitive Shooting”