Report:: House Law Enforcement Committee meeting yesterday

Relevant bills filed and their status

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Right2Carry
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Right2Carry »

CWOOD wrote:
Right2Carry wrote:Well the problem as I see it is my employeer provides security and a gated entrance so it still does not allow me to protect myself to and from work.

I think any CHL holder should be allowed to keep his gun locked in his car on company property regardless of what the employer does for security. It prevents me from protecting myself to and from work.
The results depene on which of the 4 bills goes forward. Currently, all 4 bills are still in committee. There will be some negotiating amont the various authors and co-sponsors an most likely, one of the bills will advance with a favorable recommendation.

All is not lost.

By the way, do you have a public access parking lot that you could use? That might be a solution.
Well I guess I could use the visitors parking lot but I shouldn't have to. I feel that we are licensed by the state to carry and our employer should not be able to take my right of self protection away from me because they fear a gun locked in my car.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

nomadcrna
Posts in topic: 1

Post by nomadcrna »

I called and spoke to some vice president in USAA. He was extremely nice and really wanted to address my concerns. I was impressed that I was able to get someone that high up to call me.

I was not able to change their minds but was still a good conversation. If enough of us call them, maybe next time they will think twice about it. He did say they were monitoring the various forums and reading what we say.

Ron Ray

Return to “2007 Texas Legislative Session”