Relevant bills filed and their status

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

"Drop-Dead" date for many bills

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Today, Friday May 11, 2007, is the "drop-dead" date for any bill that has not passed at least one body (House or Senate). So, if a bill has not passed the body in which it originated, then it's dead as of midnight tonight.

Chas.

fadlan12
Posts in topic: 1

Post by fadlan12 »

So how long do they have to pass the other? will it hold for next session?

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

fadlan12 wrote:So how long do they have to pass the other? will it hold for next session?
I'm not sure about the final deadline, but it's at or very close to the end of the session. No bills can carry over to the next session. The game begins again in January 2009.

Chas.

bburgi

Post by bburgi »

So does that mean HB 2774 is dead since it was only "Voted favorably from Criminal Jurisprudence Committee" and hasn't passed the House?

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Probably need to see what "bills" fell off the edge of the earth...

All I know that are still active are the confidentiality bill, reduced fee bill for veterans, the Motorist Protection Act of 2007 that are waiting on a final floor vote or the govenor's signature...

Thats pretty much it...That I know about...

Everything else that was a "crown jewel" this session has passed...

I think we did pretty good this session...

And hopefully all the bad bills totally bit the dust this session as well...

Maybe we could get one more separate, overall assessment thread, going on what passed (good bill or bad bill) this session???
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Oh, I just remembered about the parking lot bill(s)...

Did one get to the floor??? Or at least on the calendar to get a chance on a vote???

Man, I am going to be slightly miffed if this effort died...

I've seen the discussion on SB534??? This one would be nice to see signed...Actually any one of them would have been good, even the one where I didn't like the provision to have to notify my employer about this...

I actually am of the opinion that my employer is too stupid to care about this...And I am ok with stupid... ;-)
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

bburgi wrote:So does that mean HB 2774 is dead since it was only "Voted favorably from Criminal Jurisprudence Committee" and hasn't passed the House?
Yep, HB2774 and it's Senate Companion SB1003 are both dead, unless something happened late Friday night that I don't know about. I seriously doubt that it did.

Chas.

frankie_the_yankee
Banned

Post by frankie_the_yankee »

stevie_d_64 wrote:Oh, I just remembered about the parking lot bill(s)...

Did one get to the floor??? Or at least on the calendar to get a chance on a vote???

Man, I am going to be slightly miffed if this effort died...

I've seen the discussion on SB534??? This one would be nice to see signed...Actually any one of them would have been good, even the one where I didn't like the provision to have to notify my employer about this...

I actually am of the opinion that my employer is too stupid to care about this...And I am ok with stupid... ;-)
SB534 passed the Senate and went to the House. That means it is still alive. (Note: This is the one with the employer notification provision.)

It passed out of the LE Committee, and one other committee (not sure which). Now it is in Calendars where it has been sitting for about a month.

Rep. Woolley, the committee chair, doesn't seem too inclined to bring it to the floor. I've been calling and emailing reps, including Woolley, my own rep. (Cook), and others for the last few weeks. Today, I emailed Craddick and Gov. Perry.

We need to make all the noise we can about this one. The business interests are lined up against us, along with a few misguided Libertarian types who take a "purist" stand on private property rights. (Too bad they don't seem to care so much about MY private property - my vehicle.)

I'm not knocking Libertarians here. I usually agree with them. But "pure" Libertarianism can sometimes go down like "pure" vodka. Sometimes it's better if you mix it with something.
Ahm jus' a Southern boy trapped in a Yankee's body

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

frankie_the_yankee wrote:I'm not knocking Libertarians here. I usually agree with them. But "pure" Libertarianism can sometimes go down like "pure" vodka. Sometimes it's better if you mix it with something.
Ahh, but PURE vodka, obviously made from potatoes rather than that grain stuff that they try to pass off as something good, is ALWAYS detracted from by mixing it with something else. Good (potato) vodka should be taken chilled, with no ice and noting else to sully the pleasure.

I drink anything at all so rarely that I feel that I have to truly enjoy what I do drink.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

NcongruNt

Post by NcongruNt »

jimlongley wrote:
frankie_the_yankee wrote:I'm not knocking Libertarians here. I usually agree with them. But "pure" Libertarianism can sometimes go down like "pure" vodka. Sometimes it's better if you mix it with something.
Ahh, but PURE vodka, obviously made from potatoes rather than that grain stuff that they try to pass off as something good, is ALWAYS detracted from by mixing it with something else. Good (potato) vodka should be taken chilled, with no ice and noting else to sully the pleasure.

I drink anything at all so rarely that I feel that I have to truly enjoy what I do drink.
Tito's, though made from corn, is the same way, IMO. Good for sipping, which is hard to find in a vodka. Probably the 6 hand distillations that does it. ;-)

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

jimlongley wrote:

Gotta agree with you on this. Potato Vodka is just the best vodka you will ever drink. 100% pure ,just like it was meant to be.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

DrKyle1

Post by DrKyle1 »

Hey Guys & Gals you can check the status of any bill & track it's progress or lack there of at:

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/

Just remember to enter HB or S infront of the number.
Dr. Kyle

Return to “2007 Texas Legislative Session”