HB233 and What It Means to Veterans

Relevant bills filed and their status

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

AEA
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AEA »

That's an interesting idea........

We all just start sending in our certified copies of the 214 with a cover note asking them to put into our CHL File for future reference........

Wonder what they would say about that?

You may recall in another thread where they responded to my question rather "snotty" saying something to the effect of "as of now there is no discount for Veterans" rather than giving something positive about the Law that has been PASSED!
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

rachilders
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rachilders »

Not a bad idea. I've made so many copies of the original 214 since 1994 that the ORIGINAL is starting to look like a copy!

I wonder if they'd accept a copy of my USN retired ID card instead. The picture on it still looks like me if you look hard enough... or not too hard. ;-)

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 6

Post by stevie_d_64 »

AEA wrote:That's an interesting idea........

We all just start sending in our certified copies of the 214 with a cover note asking them to put into our CHL File for future reference........

Wonder what they would say about that?

You may recall in another thread where they responded to my question rather "snotty" saying something to the effect of "as of now there is no discount for Veterans" rather than giving something positive about the Law that has been PASSED!
I'm going to wait till after September 1st to send them anything...

We should all come back and revisit the issue after that time so we can all be on the same page as far as whay they want, when they want it, and how you need to send it to them...

We can assume a great many things, but throwing personal info like this at them before we know for sure how they want it, to me is probably not a good thing till it all takes effect...

I just have a few concerns...I am certainly glad and excited we now have this going for veterans...Its been a long time coming...

We got one more month to go... ;-)
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

shootthesheet
Posts in topic: 2

PAYMENT

Post by shootthesheet »

I was told that this will only be applied to charges after September 1, 2007. If the packet has already been paid for then no refund can be made. I would think if someone chooses to not pay when getting the packet early and sending in the payment with packet after September 1, 2007, the new rate would apply. It seems the main point of it all is that no refund can be made and they will not try the way their system is set-up.

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 6

Re: PAYMENT

Post by stevie_d_64 »

shootthesheet wrote:I was told that this will only be applied to charges after September 1, 2007. If the packet has already been paid for then no refund can be made. I would think if someone chooses to not pay when getting the packet early and sending in the payment with packet after September 1, 2007, the new rate would apply. It seems the main point of it all is that no refund can be made and they will not try the way their system is set-up.
Thats why if you can wait to send in your packet till it can be postmarked on or after the 1st...

You'll be good for the discount after that, just so there is no confusion on their end...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

royke

Veterans discount

Post by royke »

I just joined CHL Forum today. Does anyone know more about this since
last posting a few months ago? Any idea how long someone had to serve
to qualify?

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

It was passed and became effect 9/1/2007.

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup ... Bill=HB233

Here's the text:
http://www.legis.state.tx.us/tlodocs/80 ... 00233F.htm

According to the text, "veteran" is defined as anyone who served in a military branch and was honorably discharged. There is no minimum term of service.

Veterans get a 50% reduction in fees. Active duty, reservists, and those who have been discharged less than 365 days before the date of application will have all fees waived.

My oldest son turns 21 in May, and is active duty Army. I'll be encouraging him to take advantage of this.

Return to “2007 Texas Legislative Session”