First (not)wally walk

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
straybrit
Posts in topic: 2

First (not)wally walk

Post by straybrit »

Was out and about on Tuesday, on the way to Austin airport to pick up wife + daughters. Driving through the center of Austin and remembered that I'd forgotten to pick up the fresh produce as promised. Oops. Saw whole foods and pulled in. Grabbed the necessary and went to checkout. Wasn't until I went for my wallet that I consciously remembered that the XDm 45 was in my jacket pocket, wallet was in hip pocket. The girl on the checkout must have thought I was crazy when I started to giggle quietly. Can't think of anywhere in Texas that would be more freaked out about someone carrying :lol:

Just to prove a point to myself - I kept it with me at the airport when I went into the terminal to get them. Not only did no-one notice - even my family didn't.

johnson0317

Re: First (not)wally walk

Post by johnson0317 »

No reason they would notice. The only time mine notice is when they give me a hug and they go low with their arms.
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member Texas Concealed Handgun Association
Proud Member Second Amendment Foundation
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

nguyen925
Posts in topic: 1

Post by nguyen925 »

Yeah no reason for them to notice. It's funny though, I've been consistently pocket carrying my LCP any chance I get and I've never seen anyone look at me twice. I'd have to say though, when I IWB carry my SR9c, I swear I'm always nervous. I tried carrying at work and geez, I nearly had a heart attack everytime someone went behind me. Someone hugged me too and her arms went low, not sure she noticed but she acted normal so I guess it was fine.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

XDm 45 in a Jacket Pocket? :shock:
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

terryg

Post by terryg »

Beiruty wrote:XDm 45 in a Jacket Pocket? :shock:
Thats what i was thinking ...
... this space intentionally left blank ...

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

straybrit wrote:Was out and about on Tuesday, on the way to Austin airport to pick up wife + daughters. Driving through the center of Austin and remembered that I'd forgotten to pick up the fresh produce as promised. Oops. Saw whole foods and pulled in. Grabbed the necessary and went to checkout. Wasn't until I went for my wallet that I consciously remembered that the XDm 45 was in my jacket pocket, wallet was in hip pocket. The girl on the checkout must have thought I was crazy when I started to giggle quietly. Can't think of anywhere in Texas that would be more freaked out about someone carrying :lol:

Just to prove a point to myself - I kept it with me at the airport when I went into the terminal to get them. Not only did no-one notice - even my family didn't.
This does not count as a Wally-Walk. I submit the following: viewtopic.php?p=174107#p174107" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can start there, and read down. If you do not comply, you are at risk of having your man-card confiscated. :mrgreen: At least that's what these old coots around here threatened me with. Now I are one, with all the rights and privileges thereof. I suggest you shag your narrow behind down to Wally-World and git 'er done!

"rlol"
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
straybrit

Post by straybrit »

terryg wrote:
Beiruty wrote:XDm 45 in a Jacket Pocket? :shock:
Thats what i was thinking ...

It's the compact (3.8") and it fits nicely in the inside pocket of my leather jacket. Unfortunately the weight is starting to split the cloth - so that's been discontinued ;-)

As an aside - now I've got my supertuck - I'm not too bothered about it. Granted the hiding is helped by my fairly generous girth - but that thing really is a gun disappearing device.

jmace57

Post by jmace57 »

My wife asked me the other day if I had actually carried my CHL gun since I got my plastic last Summer. I told her "about 200 times". She was shocked. Had no idea I had been carrying.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I don't see the pictures any more, but no on does a Wally Walk like Random.

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=39246" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

johnson0317

Post by johnson0317 »

C-dub wrote:I don't see the pictures any more, but no on does a Wally Walk like Random.

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=39246" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Must have missed mine. I even included the bathroom pictures. You don't get that every day.!

Rj
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member Texas Concealed Handgun Association
Proud Member Second Amendment Foundation
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

Return to “New to CHL?”