Restroom Etiquette

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
als045
Posts in topic: 2

Restroom Etiquette

Post by als045 »

Im Austin from SE Texas to CTX and I had a question about some bathroom etiquette. If you are gonna take care of stall business, using the stalls provides some privacy, but not enough to the bottom with my britches where iwb would be very visable... I prefer the iwb holsters and tucking it within isn't the best way of hidding... Any tips or pointers? :anamatedbanana :eek6

als045
Last edited by als045 on Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Restroom Etiquette

Post by RoyGBiv »

1. Loosen belt, don't completely open it.
2. Lower pants just below knees, supporting belt and gun with knees pressed slightly outward.

or.. What works for me is... Folding the gun/holster into my underwear as I lower my pants. Then, my pants do a fine job of hiding the gun until I'm finished.

I try to avoid public restrooms whenever possible.

Welcome to the site. :txflag:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Has been lots of discussion before on this. You can use the search function to do some research. Here's a couple of links to start with http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32688" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=44998" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

jmra

Post by jmra »

A very "urgent" first post. :).
Welcome to the forum.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Topic author
als045

Post by als045 »

I thought of wrapping the underwear. Around the knees seemed most comfy when trying it around the house. I definatley try to avoid public toilets as common practice, but when it has to happen... sorry keithb for :deadhorse: but many of the search results that pertained to that specific question, I thought were quite outdated...

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

als045 wrote:I thought of wrapping the underwear. Around the knees seemed most comfy when trying it around the house. I definatley try to avoid public toilets as common practice, but when it has to happen... sorry keithb for :deadhorse: but many of the search results that pertained to that specific question, I thought were quite outdated...
No problem. Just pointing you to previous topics, but can be discussed here. May be new people here that want to weigh in on the discussion. :thumbs2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Lordy. Another bathroom thread. It's #5 on the list, right there between "OC vs CC" and "Best gun for zombie apocalypse?"
  1. 9mm vs .45
  2. Glock vs 1911
  3. AR vs AK
  4. OC vs CC
  5. What do you guys do with your gun in public toilets?
  6. Best gun for zombie apocalypse?
  7. If you could only have ONE gun, what would it be?
  8. Look what followed me home...
"rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol"
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Restroom Etiquette. Don't tell anybody what you're doing in there... :mrgreen:
III

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Don't make any calls while you're in there and if it rings, don't answer it.

Regarding what to do with your CCW, nothing's changed since those old threads. Well, that's not entirely true. I have run into more stalls being built with walls that go all the way to the floor. :woohoo

However, they're still not putting any little tables in there for us to remove our guns, extra mags, flashlights, knives, or BUG to place them on. :biggrinjester:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Lordy. Another bathroom thread. It's #5 on the list, right there between "OC vs CC" and "Best gun for zombie apocalypse?"
  1. 9mm vs .45
  2. Glock vs 1911
  3. AR vs AK
  4. OC vs CC

You left out "Unarmed teen shot by a CHL holder in (pick your state) and "can I shoot in this situation?"

:cheers2:
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Vol Texan wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:Lordy. Another bathroom thread. It's #5 on the list, right there between "OC vs CC" and "Best gun for zombie apocalypse?"
  1. 9mm vs .45
  2. Glock vs 1911
  3. AR vs AK
  4. OC vs CC

You left out "Unarmed teen shot by a CHL holder in (pick your state) and "can I shoot in this situation?"

:cheers2:
And don't forget, "Will I be denied?" :lol:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

[youtube][/youtube]
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

For #1...Keep it in my fanny pack or murse (man purse).... "rlol".

For #2 hang it in the stall on the coat hook (most have them), with the hook through the trigger guard. :shock: That helps me the 50% of the time that I forget it's there and walk out because then it usually comes clattering down to the floor as I step out. "rlol"

Other times, one of the studiously polite patrons that one finds in public restrooms has come to my rescue by saying "FORGET SOMETHING?" They then dare me to grab it back, while spinning my pistol around their index finder by the trigger guard. "rlol"
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

For those of us who are relatively new at the CC game, that first trip to a public restroom can get real interesting. It's one conversation that never seems to come up before you carry and one everybody wants to laugh about after.

Tales about restroom accidental/negligent discharges and weapons left behind make it not such a humorous conversation.

Have a plan and develop a routine. You'll be less likely to end up an amusing or tragic anecdote on one these forums if you do.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Return to “New to CHL?”