Loud Noise City Ordinance

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
TXwalTX
Posts in topic: 2

Loud Noise City Ordinance

Post by TXwalTX »

In 2011 I received a City Ordinance citation for a Amplified Stereo in a car, My questions is will this disqualify me for my CHL or not. I know that 42.10 in the penal code says loud noise in public place, but correct me if I'm wrong, Disorderly Conduct is a separate charge from a City Ordinance. I have called and double checked with the court and it was written and I paid the ticket as a Class C city ordinance violation not a DOC charge. Ive tried calling the Regulatory Service Division for DPS to ask the same question and was told 3 times that they did not know. Maybe y'all can help me find the answer! thanks in advance!

WildBill
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Loud Noise City Ordinance

Post by WildBill »

TXwalTX wrote:In 2011 I received a City Ordinance citation for a Amplified Stereo in a car, My questions is will this disqualify me for my CHL or not. I know that 42.10 in the penal code says loud noise in public place, but correct me if I'm wrong, Disorderly Conduct is a separate charge from a City Ordinance. I have called and double checked with the court and it was written and I paid the ticket as a Class C city ordinance violation not a DOC charge. Ive tried calling the Regulatory Service Division for DPS to ask the same question and was told 3 times that they did not know. Maybe y'all can help me find the answer! thanks in advance!
This will not disqualify you for CHL. As you stated it is not a 42.10 disorderly conduct arrest. IMO it is not an arrest, since you were not booked or fingerprinted. IANAL, but I think I am correct.

Welcome to the forum! :txflag:
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
TXwalTX
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Loud Noise City Ordinance

Post by TXwalTX »

Thank-you for your quick response!

Return to “New to CHL?”