Conflicting information

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Richbirdhunter
Posts in topic: 2

Conflicting information

Post by Richbirdhunter »

We went to the movies last night and they had 2 signs. 1st sign was NOTICE, the unlicensed of a weapon.... The 2nd sign was a 30.06 sign. My guess is that the 30.06 sign trumps the "NOTICE" sign, but it was confusing and seemly telling me to different things
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Conflicting information

Post by Vol Texan »

Richbirdhunter wrote:We went to the movies last night and they had 2 signs. 1st sign was NOTICE, the unlicensed of a weapon.... The 2nd sign was a 30.06 sign. My guess is that the 30.06 sign trumps the "NOTICE" sign, but it was confusing and seemly telling me to different things
I see you are relatively new to the forum. Welcome, and we're glad to have you aboard!

The first sign sounds like a TABC sign. They must post that (irrespective of their feelings about guns) if they sell alcohol. There are two variants: Red sign and Blue sign. Red sign means it is a 51% location (do not carry!!!). Blue means it is not (carry away). Which sign they place is not a choice of theirs, it is an outcome of their sales percentages...but post one, they must

The 30.06 sign is a personal choice of the business, and has no relation to the TABC sign. It means that irrespective of whether they sell alcohol, cakes, cars, or soul-saving, they don't want your concealed handgun. Check out www.Texas3006.com for a crowd-sourced listing of signs we see all over, and you can begin pre-screening your movie theaters by whether or not they want to be an Aurora-class killing zone by disarming the 'good guys', and make your choices from a more well-informed position.
Last edited by Vol Texan on Sun May 31, 2015 7:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

The 'Unlicensed possession' sign is required by TABC if the location sells alcohol and makes less than 51% of revenue from the sale. To restrict carry at places that make more than 51% from alcohol sales, they are required to post a 51% sign, which has a big red 51 in the center.

A 30.06 sign DOES restrict you from concealed carrying into a location.

Edit to add: VolTexan beat me to it. :thumbs2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
Richbirdhunter
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Richbirdhunter »

Thanks guys, it looks like the best best way to define a 30.06 sign is, please don't shop or spend your money here.
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Richbirdhunter wrote:Thanks guys, it looks like the best best way to define a 30.06 sign is, please don't shop or spend your money here.
Its worth the effort to politely let management know you're taking your business elsewhere.
Sometimes they change their mind.

http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php? ... er#p947180" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “New to CHL?”