new member here

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
tenball
Posts in topic: 1

new member here

Post by tenball »

OLD guy here .Guess I better change with the times.Have always used rifles and such just to do a little hunting .Looking at what the crime rate is and
the threats against our hard working law enforcement I suppose I might have to get on one side of the fence .If the police are under siege by thugs and those that want to harm fellow citizens then I guess it is up to the individual to guard theirselves.

Abraham

Re: new member here

Post by Abraham »

I don't have to guess.

Ever heard: "When seconds count, the police are only minutes away?"

Become pro-active about your self-defense.

Sure, rifles are used to hunt with, but they're also good for self-defense, especially ARs, AKs, among many others...

As to being an OG, join the club. There are many geezers here, me being one them.

Going by what you posted, I'm guessing you don't have a CHL? If you reside in Texas, I strongly suggest you get one and get proficient with your EDC gun.

Then, if ever assaulted, you'll have a higher probability of prevailing rather than being seriously injured and/or buried.

Old guys need all the help they can get...

Welcome to the forum.

b4aftr

Post by b4aftr »

Welcome!!

You have just joined what I consider to be the best online community I have been associated with. Super knowledgeable as well as genuine members make up the majority of the population here.

Search function will be your friend and enemy as you can spend days on end reading all the relevant content here.

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

Past 60 myself. Been providing for my own defense since I was a LEO in the late 70's. Don't plan to stop until I am on the wrong side of the grass.
:coolgleamA:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

Just wanted to say thanks for having this site, really please with all good information.
Just did CHL-100 yesterday 12-10, time for patience now.
Last edited by GlassG19 on Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

Dad24GreatKids

Post by Dad24GreatKids »

tenball wrote:OLD guy here .Guess I better change with the times.Have always used rifles and such just to do a little hunting .Looking at what the crime rate is and
the threats against our hard working law enforcement I suppose I might have to get on one side of the fence .If the police are under siege by thugs and those that want to harm fellow citizens then I guess it is up to the individual to guard theirselves.
Welcome to the forum. You can learn more here than any CHL class that you'll take. Take advantage of the knowledge and experience of the members.

Anyone care to tell me what the benchmark is for old guy? ;-) I'm heading that direction!
Dad24GreatKids
NRA Life member
TSRA

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Dad24GreatKids wrote:
tenball wrote:OLD guy here .Guess I better change with the times.Have always used rifles and such just to do a little hunting .Looking at what the crime rate is and
Welcome to the forum. You can learn more here than any CHL class that you'll take. Take advantage of the knowledge and experience of the members.

Anyone care to tell me what the benchmark is for old guy? ;-) I'm heading that direction!
If you need to ask, you're already there! "rlol"

I've been there for quite some time myself.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Return to “New to CHL?”