The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Countryside
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Another newbe

Post by Countryside »

I went with Commander size 1911.
Different 1911s also do not weigh the same.
Amen on the quality belt and holster.

Topic author
TominDallas
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Another newbe

Post by TominDallas »

Well this is a question that needs to be clarified. My wife is pretty adept at research and has taken on the challenge to answer it. The guy who gave the class made sure we all had his phone number and told us he'd be happy to answer questions. Of course I'll need to see it written on something a little more official. Either way it needs to be answered. One more area in which state law either contradicts or varies from federal law. I've seen similar before.
Browsing Texas LTC school websites, it appears they've gotten a little more in line with the Florida schools. The only additional requirement being an hour of range time and a cost of about $5 more. Wouldn't hurt too much.
The only time it would ever be an issue: I live on a small street about 1/2 a mile long with a feeder road at either end. If I come from one direction, no problem. Coming from the other way takes me through a school zone for a total of about 1 1/2 block. but even then I'm over a block away from the school property line. Probably within the 1000 feet limit but I doubt I'd measure it. The fact that it's a school zone is the catch. I've lived here for 30+ years and have never been stopped by the police, but it IS a possibility.

Return to “New to CHL?”