Alien Gear

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
_Dire_Wolf
Posts in topic: 4

Alien Gear

Post by _Dire_Wolf »

Im currently waiting on my LTC to come in and want to know if anyone out there has or has used a alien gear IWB holster. The reviews seem awesome and think it will work better with my daily wear (have to wear scrubs so need something to spread the air around without a belt). Any concerns or tips would be great. Thanks for any help!

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Alien Gear

Post by Flightmare »

Aliengear makes excellent holsters. A buddy of mine has the Cloak Tuck 3.0 and loves it. However, I would encourage you to get a quality gun belt to affix it to. Even if the belt and rig are kept under your scrubs, you will thank me later.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

I can't imagine my Alien Gear working well without a belt. You may want to look at a belly band or kangaroo carry style holster.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
_Dire_Wolf

Post by _Dire_Wolf »

Thanks for the replies and advice. I have a few pairs that have belt loops and will look into getting a gun belt to fit them. I guess carrying will be a good excuse to buy some new scrubs that all have belt loops.

TexasSully

Post by TexasSully »

I have a Cloak 3.0 for my Shield and wear it almost daily. I have worn it without a good belt, but don't recommend it.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Cloak tuck 2.0 here along with Magpul Tejas gun belt. Both are fantastic products and I recommend them. I've carried my alien gear every day For several months and every weekend day before that for six months prior.

A gun belt is a must no matter what holster you opt for in my opinion.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

striker55

Post by striker55 »

Use one everyday, most comfortable for me. Have one for 9mm and 45.

Diesel42

Post by Diesel42 »

I've used one for a couple of years.
Very well made and easy to use.
Happy Trails!
Nick
Nick Stone
Have Truck, Will Travel
NRA Life Member

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

Flightmare wrote:Aliengear makes excellent holsters. A buddy of mine has the Cloak Tuck 3.0 and loves it. However, I would encourage you to get a quality gun belt to affix it to. Even if the belt and rig are kept under your scrubs, you will thank me later.
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

stars200

Post by stars200 »

I have an Alien Gear tuck 3.0 and an Alien Gear gun belt. I wear the belt everyday whether I am using it to support a holster or not. I have to say the 3.0 is much better than their 2.0. I am not sure if the 2.0 is still offered. The 2.0 was replaced twice under warranty within a 3 months of having each of them, the plastic on the inside of the holster would break. I could still use it but returned anyway. The 3.0 seems to have a much better system and I do really like it for carry.

I could not imaging that the holster would support well enough without a belt. Maybe if you have a lighter handgun. I use it with a Beretta PX-4 Storm sub-compact so it is too heavy without one.

SHogun62

Post by SHogun62 »

Does anyone have any insight as to how the Alien Gear product compares to a Crossbreed? I"m carrying in a Crossbreed (Glock 9 Gen 4 full size), but sometimes the holster just feels a bit cumbersome.

minimalist

Post by minimalist »

I'm getting a cloak tuck 3.0, cloak mod, and AG belt in the mail today! :woohoo Work can't go by fast enough!

I think I may have ordered my belt one size too big though :banghead: I called them about it before it shipped and I was told they would have to cancel the order and place a new one, and that I could ship it back if it doesn't fit :confused5 It seemed kind of bizarre to me that shipping it back to swap is easier than swapping while they still have it :???:

Regardless, I'll have a good upgrade to my carry rig by tonight!

Topic author
_Dire_Wolf

Post by _Dire_Wolf »

Hey everyone, thanks for all the replies. I have a Springfield XD mod 2 9mm that will be my EDC. I will be shopping this weekend for some new scrubs with belt loops and have a Cloak Tuck 3.0 on the way. I have what I guess some people call instructor style belt that I have been wearing for awhile. I will try the holster with the belt I have as soon as everything gets to me and if it doesn't work out, then I will take y'alls advice and get a true gun belt.

So glad my LTC instructor told me about this website. The posts here have been awesome.

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

FWIW - Earlier this afternoon, Sunday, I somehow managed to snag/bend/distort the plastic belt clips on my Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3. I used their Contact Us form inquire what the process is to obtain replacement clips. I assumed an answer, if any, would come in a day or two.

My first contact was 5:53 PM and their confirmation that replacements are on the way came at 8:38 PM. Did I mention this was on Sunday evening?

I am pleased.

Return to “New to CHL?”