Probably a stupid question

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Post Reply

Topic author
Odinvalknir
Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:06 am

Probably a stupid question

#1

Post by Odinvalknir » Sun May 06, 2018 12:03 pm

I know recently here in tx, they passed campus carry. I wondered if that extended to all schools or just college campuses.

User avatar

Keith B
Moderator
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 17897
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:29 pm

Re: Probably a stupid question

#2

Post by Keith B » Sun May 06, 2018 12:20 pm

Odinvalknir wrote:I know recently here in tx, they passed campus carry. I wondered if that extended to all schools or just college campuses.
Only public colleges and universities and private universities that chose to allow carry. But there are areas that can be off-limits. Here is a good article that explains a lot http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/01/te ... leges.html
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4


Topic author
Odinvalknir
Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Probably a stupid question

#3

Post by Odinvalknir » Sun May 06, 2018 1:03 pm

Keith B wrote:
Odinvalknir wrote:I know recently here in tx, they passed campus carry. I wondered if that extended to all schools or just college campuses.
Only public colleges and universities and private universities that chose to allow carry. But there are areas that can be off-limits. Here is a good article that explains a lot http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/01/te ... leges.html

Ok, I didn't think it would extend down to high schools etc. But wanted to make sure before I went carrying to some event for my kids.

User avatar

oohrah
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 947
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 5:54 pm
Location: McLennan County

Re: Probably a stupid question

#4

Post by oohrah » Mon May 07, 2018 8:26 am

Odinvalknir wrote:
Keith B wrote:
Odinvalknir wrote:I know recently here in tx, they passed campus carry. I wondered if that extended to all schools or just college campuses.
Only public colleges and universities and private universities that chose to allow carry. But there are areas that can be off-limits. Here is a good article that explains a lot http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/01/te ... leges.html

Ok, I didn't think it would extend down to high schools etc. But wanted to make sure before I went carrying to some event for my kids.
Be careful. K-12 is statutorily off-limits for -any- school sponsored event, and they do not have to post. Review Penal Code 46.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Post Reply

Return to “New to CHL?”