New girl

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Shannon
Posts in topic: 4

New girl

Post by Shannon »

:patriot: Print pending after nearly two months. I can't wait and I'm happy to be here with like-minded people. Thinking about getting a Springfield 9mm or a Kimber. Had a Springfield .45 XD and loved it but it was a bit difficult to conceal. I let my old license expire for over 3 years so I will be excited to have a license again.

gtolbert09
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New girl

Post by gtolbert09 »

Welcome to the forum :anamatedbanana
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Welcome!
Psalm 91:2

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Welcome to the forum! You will find that folks here are very friendly, opinionated in a respectful way, and passionate about guns and 2A rights.

Since you mentioned gun choice, if you want a .45 that is easy to conceal, I would recommend a Shield. For some reason the little .45 Shield has remarkably little recoil given its size and weight, and is just an overall great gun. If you want something a little bigger, then take a look at the Dan Wesson CCO. That is my EDC, and I have owned and decided against about 20 other options before ending on that one. CZ for 9mm, IMHO.

Topic author
Shannon

Post by Shannon »

Thanks everyone! And I am also a member of the NRA and will do everything I can to preserve my 2nd amendment rights.
Proud member of the NRA

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Welcome!
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

Hi Shannon,
Always happy to see another lady around here! :hurry: :hurry:
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Topic author
Shannon

Post by Shannon »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:Welcome to the forum! You will find that folks here are very friendly, opinionated in a respectful way, and passionate about guns and 2A rights.

Since you mentioned gun choice, if you want a .45 that is easy to conceal, I would recommend a Shield. For some reason the little .45 Shield has remarkably little recoil given its size and weight, and is just an overall great gun. If you want something a little bigger, then take a look at the Dan Wesson CCO. That is my EDC, and I have owned and decided against about 20 other options before ending on that one. CZ for 9mm, IMHO.
Thank you very much for the info!
Proud member of the NRA

Topic author
Shannon

Post by Shannon »

SewTexas wrote:Hi Shannon,
Always happy to see another lady around here! :hurry: :hurry:
Thank you, and glad to be here!
Proud member of the NRA

PitBoss

Post by PitBoss »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:Welcome to the forum! You will find that folks here are very friendly, opinionated in a respectful way, and passionate about guns and 2A rights.

:iagree:

Shield .45 is my EDC :thumbs2:

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Welcome! :tiphat:
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Shannon,

Welcome!

What part of the world are you in?

My wife and I live in the Houston/Galveston area.

Consider joining PSC, though you may have to get on a waiting list, it'll be worth it.

skeathley

Post by skeathley »

Shield .45. +1

Texas LTC Instructor / RSO / SSC
Viet Nam Veteran: 25th Infantry, Cu Chi
https://mckinneyfirearmstraining.com

Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody »

Everyone has their opinion. I have a .45 Shield but my favorite gun by far is my Kimber UCII.
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson USMC 1967-1970 101st. Underwater Mess Kit Repair Battalion - Spoon Platoon.

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

Commander Cody wrote:Everyone has their opinion. I have a .45 Shield but my favorite gun by far is my Kimber UCII.

Having shed a few pounds, I find that carrying at 3 o'clock "prints," at least to the extent of there being the appearance of something under my shirt, more so with the Kimber than with my other favorite carry, my Kahr PM9.

The practical effect of that, as far as I've been able to tell, is precisely nothing. People carry cell phones, Leathermans, and who knows what else in belt pouches that also print.

In an era of lawful open carry (yay!), I've become less concerned about vague printing. It just doesn't matter.

Return to “New to CHL?”