Experience dealing with LEOs during events etc?

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

C-dub
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Experience dealing with LEOs during events etc?

Post by C-dub »

TexanVeteran wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:03 pm
In addition, I've met several members from this forum in person. Both at the NRA meeting in Dallas back in May this year, and at breakfasts we have in the DFW area and Houston area. If you're in the area of either of these and able to attend, I would encourage you to join us.
I live in Houston and go to Dallas on a semi regular basis. Where on this forum do I found out about such events?
Here is one thread where some will meet in one part of DFW.
viewtopic.php?f=83&t=89195

And here is another for a different part further north.
viewtopic.php?f=83&t=89211&p=1229127&hi ... t#p1229127

They are on different weekends and some folks go to both.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

WildRose
Posts in topic: 1

Post by WildRose »

ELB wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:21 pm

They undoubtedly could keep out license holders from other states if they wished to, but they would be hard pressed to charge them with a crime if they managed to get in, as there is no such statute.
Oh I don’t believe that at all. Regardless of which of the legislature’s Security rules you break, I will bet there is a catchall statute that you can be charged under.
"disorderly conduct" and "creating a public disturbance seem to be the default charges police fall back on.
NRA Life Member NRA Certified Instructor RSO, CRSO,
USCCA Certified Instructor
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.
Without The First and Second Amendments the rest are meaningless.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jusme »

RSX11 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:15 am
the only time ID can be demanded (i.e. you MUST properly identify yourself) is if you are arrested, detained,
The statute does not include "detained" as a time when LEO can demand ID.
https://www.lawserver.com/law/state/tex ... code_38-02

Read a little further down. There are three specific things listed, arrested, lawfully detained, or witness to an offense.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Papa_Tiger

Post by Papa_Tiger »

Jusme wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:55 am
the only time ID can be demanded (i.e. you MUST properly identify yourself) is if you are arrested, detained,

Read a little further down. There are three specific things listed, arrested, lawfully detained, or witness to an offense.
Yes, please do read. I didn't fully and I missed that 38.02(b) is only applicable when you give false information when you are arrested, lawfully detained or a witness. There is nothing there that compels you to identify unless you are arrested.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Papa_Tiger wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:43 am

Yes, please do read. I didn't fully and I missed that 38.02(b) is only applicable when you give false information when you are arrested, lawfully detained or a witness. There is nothing there that compels you to identify unless you are arrested.

You are correct, there is that differentiation. :tiphat:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 1

Post by chasfm11 »

Papa_Tiger wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:43 am

I've recently seen some episodes of "Lone Star Law". Some of the TP&W officers, as caught on camera, don't seem to understand that very well.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Maxwell
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Maxwell »

montgomery wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:31 pm
flipman416 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:14 am I HAVE A UTAH CCW. I proceed to pull out my Utah CCW with my Texas License. She was very rude!!! She said...wheres your Texas CHL. I said, I just moved here and working on it. She hands me my permit back and waves me in!!

So far the twice I had to deal with LEOs have been uneventful with my Utah CCW. Except for the very rude woman DPS officer inside the State Capitol.
Us Texans get fussy when dealing with foreigners. Problem solved once you get your Texas LTC and learn how to smoke brisket proper.

:txflag:
I've been in Texas over 50 years and I still can't smoke a brisket and do it justice! Any recommendation on training classes? :txflag:
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

Maxwell wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:00 pm
flipman416 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:14 am I HAVE A UTAH CCW. I proceed to pull out my Utah CCW with my Texas License. She was very rude!!! She said...wheres your Texas CHL. I said, I just moved here and working on it. She hands me my permit back and waves me in!!

So far the twice I had to deal with LEOs have been uneventful with my Utah CCW. Except for the very rude woman DPS officer inside the State Capitol.
Us Texans get fussy when dealing with foreigners. Problem solved once you get your Texas LTC and learn how to smoke brisket proper.

I've been in Texas over 50 years and I still can't smoke a brisket and do it justice! Any recommendation on training classes? :txflag:
I was joking of course. After smoking over one thousand pounds of brisket smoking gone wrong, I finally dialed in a repeatable process. And by process, I mean the steps I take in the 18 hour cooking span rival the precision of launching a satellite into space.

Maxwell
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Maxwell »

montgomery wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:09 pm

I was joking of course. After smoking over one thousand pounds of brisket smoking gone wrong, I finally dialed in a repeatable process. And by process, I mean the steps I take in the 18 hour cooking span rival the precision of launching a satellite into space.
I'll PM my email. PLEASE send me your secrets! My friends are starting to avoid me and even my wife is saying "No Dear, I'll cook..."
:mrgreen:
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

Maxwell wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:27 pm
montgomery wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:09 pm

I'll PM my email. PLEASE send me your secrets! My friends are starting to avoid me and even my wife is saying "No Dear, I'll cook..."
:mrgreen:
:cheers2:

Return to “New to CHL?”