Error in New LTC Applicant registration

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
KiwiVaas
Posts in topic: 1

Error in New LTC Applicant registration

Post by KiwiVaas »

Good afternoon everyone. I'm eager to obtain my LTC permit in Texas however I have been experiencing slight issues applying for one on the DPS site. When applying as a new applicant with my Driver License(DL) information, the system doesn't recognize the DL and told me to contact RSD support. I input a 2nd time to be sure and it yielded the same result. The 3rd attempt I was met with exceeding my login attempts and to wait 24 hours. I thought that I may have embarrassed myself with putting down incorrect info, so I waited 24 hours and then some and tried again carefully. Same results, not recognized in the database and to contact support followed by more attempts and exceeding login attempts. I emailed RSD for a solution but I hear stories on how replies are non-existant or that it takes a long time and that I should just be patient. I guess what I'm asking is should I do anything else to move this issue any further? Go down to the DPS to talk in person? Call? Or just simply wait? Thank you for your feedback.

I received my DL early 2017. Lived in Texas my whole life before I joined the military, served and got out and came back to Texas. No criminal record,physical and mental issues either.

Keith B

Re: Error in New LTC Applicant registration

Post by Keith B »

KiwiVaas wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:30 pm Good afternoon everyone. I'm eager to obtain my LTC permit in Texas however I have been experiencing slight issues applying for one on the DPS site. When applying as a new applicant with my Driver License(DL) information, the system doesn't recognize the DL and told me to contact RSD support. I input a 2nd time to be sure and it yielded the same result. The 3rd attempt I was met with exceeding my login attempts and to wait 24 hours. I thought that I may have embarrassed myself with putting down incorrect info, so I waited 24 hours and then some and tried again carefully. Same results, not recognized in the database and to contact support followed by more attempts and exceeding login attempts. I emailed RSD for a solution but I hear stories on how replies are non-existant or that it takes a long time and that I should just be patient. I guess what I'm asking is should I do anything else to move this issue any further? Go down to the DPS to talk in person? Call? Or just simply wait? Thank you for your feedback.

I received my DL early 2017. Lived in Texas my whole life before I joined the military, served and got out and came back to Texas. No criminal record,physical and mental issues either.
Welcome to the forum. I assume you have a Texas DL and not one issued from another state or the military? If it is a Texas DL, then contact DPS via email and ask them to help determine why it's not accepting it when input into the application.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Tejas59

Post by Tejas59 »

If you drivers license is 7 digits, try adding a zero as the first digit. I had the same problem and that solved it.

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

Had a student once who had a driver's license with an incorrct audit number. She had to obtain a new drivers license before she could complete the LTC application.

Rare, but definitely possible.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Return to “New to CHL?”