A few Q's about the schedule

Announcements, questions and comments about this year's event!

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
PhilR.
Posts in topic: 1

A few Q's about the schedule

Post by PhilR. »

Hello,

Just wanted to ask a few quick questions about the CHLforum day posted on the PSC site.

What does "Texas Star" mean? I know what Texas is, and what stars are, but no telling what this term is supposed to signify and I could not find an explanation on the PSC site.

It seems that "Battlefield Pickup" means an event where one gets to try shooting other people's weapons. If so, do the participants bring weapons and ammo for others to try, or are the handguns/ammo supplied by the PSC, or do the participants bring their own ammo and shoot handguns supplied by the PSC?

thanks,
PhilR.

jbirds1210

Post by jbirds1210 »

This is a Texas Star:

It is a evil toy....I have a bone to pick with it this weekend. :grin: Last year it caused me to go into a cold sweat when I nearly ran out of ammo before the last plate fell.

Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

The Evil Origon is even worse.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 2

Re: A few Q's about the schedule

Post by seamusTX »

PhilR. wrote:It seems that "Battlefield Pickup" means an event where one gets to try shooting other people's weapons. If so, do the participants bring weapons and ammo for others to try,
That's how i understand it.

- Jim

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

I've decided to attack the Texas Star with with knife...I think I'll have better luck.

But seriously: Something I haven't asked--and maybe should have--is about the dress code. Saturday promises to be dry but warm.

Are we allowed to cold-range open-carry at the event? Do we carry concealed? Do we carry at all (keeping our firearms in our range bags between activities)?

Thanks!
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

Skiprr wrote:Are we allowed to cold-range open-carry at the event? Do we carry concealed? Do we carry at all (keeping our firearms in our range bags between activities)?
Perhaps someone who is a member of PSC will elaborate their rules.

Last year I wore my pistol in a holster with no magazine and the slide back, when not on the line.

- Jim

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

"Battlefield Pickup" Guns in various calibers will be available for people to shoot. Please bring ammo for any caliber you want to shoot. We'll have guns in various configurations for 9mm, 40 S&W, and .45 ACP for sure and possibly .38 Special, .357 Mag. and .380.

Dress comfortably for heat and we'll all hope it's not hot! As for your carry guns, you have the choice of open carrying "cold" or concealed carry "hot." PSC's rules require a cold range, except for CHL's and they must carry concealed. We don't what non-CHL members seeing people openly carrying a hot gun and wondering or complaining that they can't do the same thing.

If carrying a hot gun concealed, it must stay concealed until/unless you are on the firing like of a hot range.

Chas.

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Thanks!

Saturday is looking like 90 degrees and no chance of rain. You picked a perfect day, Charles. :grin: Everybody remember to bring sunscreen.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

jbirds1210 wrote:This is a Texas Star:

It is a evil toy....I have a bone to pick with it this weekend. :grin: Last year it caused me to go into a cold sweat when I nearly ran out of ammo before the last plate fell.

Jason
Jason, please knock off a plate or 5 for me (be better than I did last year. Would have done better throwing my gun at it)

Ya'll have fun.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Return to “2007 TexasCHLforum Day”