Thank you!

Announcements, questions and comments about this year's event!

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
seamusTX
Posts in topic: 1

Thank you!

Post by seamusTX »

I want to thank the organizers of this event and especially the excellent instructors and the tireless people who set up and broke down.

I can't say enough about how great this event was, so I won't try.

- Jim

MrsFosforos

Post by MrsFosforos »

We also appreciate the time and effort that went into putting the event together.

We learned so much and have tips to take home and work on.

It was so nice to put faces to the names of so many of the TexasCHL members. We are already looking forward to attnding the 4th annual Forum Day next year!

It was an amazing day!

jbirds1210

Post by jbirds1210 »

What a great day!

It is neat watching the talent from around the state. There were some really amazing shooters that attended.

It was great to see my local friends, my friends from the DFW area and meet a few folks I never had the pleasure of spending time with.

I had some great laughs today....Thank you to everyone that attended. I am looking forward to the next one. :grin:

Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

Venus Pax
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Venus Pax »

Yes, it was an excellent event. The volunteers worked hard; many didn't even get to shoot.

Mars learned a lot to day too, and he had fun as well.

To everyone that volunteered, thank you so much; it was a great day.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

swiven

Post by swiven »

I had a blast - it was totally worth the 4.5 hours drive each way. Looking forward to making it back next year!

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

1030PM & I just got home. Everyone above beat me to it.
I had a ball. My son did too. Mom learned a lot & had a great time too.
One of the things she said on the way home was "I see why you talk so much about those folks now." Thank you all for being who you are. Thank you Charles.

Great time at the Texas Star. GnHammer, Capt. Dave, ElGato.

GC, I gained a lot from you too even if we did get rained out.

Eric, you did a great job. A few more teaching sessions will melt your nervousness.

Tote 9 hope you had as good a time as we did. MTICop really enjoyed his visit w/ you.

SRVA I did like your undershirt. ;-)

Tired but worth every minute of it. Is it next Sept. yet :?: :grin:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Yep, always a great event and fantastic folks to hang out with...

Jason, I think you shook that "stars" bug this year...

Probably going to have to start getting things lined up for next years event now... ;-)
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

WOW!!
What a great Time. I went to Charles Cottons Deadly force seminar Friday. He is a an amazing instructor. He managed to keep us glued to his every word, and made the extremely complex understandable.
If thee is theme to this class. It is "It's not what you think".

Saturday was amazing so well. I took some of the basic classes. Boy did I get some things to work on. Thats what happens when we are self taught, we might learn decent. but we don't learn the best way.

It was so much fun, I got to so some things I've never had a chance to do before.

Learning from the best.

Shooting at steel.. What a Blast!!

Shooting at the Texas Star! ( Notice I didn't say hitting the durned thing.)

Trying out IPDA scenarios. Nicking the innocent victim doesn't get you sued.

Meeting all the great people. I just wish I had met up with some of the people I knew was there but didn't get to say howy. Stevie, Longtooth Carlson, the Jbirds and a bunch of others. So many people i wanted to meet. so little time.

Thanks so much to those who put this together. The Fellowship, fun and , education was beyond what I would have thought possible. Very well done.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

I wanted to add my thanks to the organizers/volunteers for a great day.
It was a lot of fun and I got to put some faces to some of the screen names.

I wanted to say special thanks to Glockenhammer and the two other gentlemen [sorry didn't get their names] at the Draw, Shoot & Move clinic. I learned some valuable and potentially life-saving skills from them.

Great lunch too!
NRA Endowment Member

Mithras61

Post by Mithras61 »

Thank you indeed! My son & I both had a great time & learned a great deal. I deeply appreciate the time and effort all the instructors & everyone else put into organizing and running this event, and I especially appreciate the serious manner in which those of you who interacted with my son took with him. He commented several times how nice it was to not be treated like a little kid, but as someone who is able and willing to learn & interact as a young adult.

Thank you, thank you , thank you.

GlockenHammer

Post by GlockenHammer »

WildBill wrote:I wanted to say special thanks to Glockenhammer and the two other gentlemen [sorry didn't get their names] at the Draw, Shoot & Move clinic.
That would be Skiprr and Bob Wolff. Both of them would be qualified to teach this course and their participation was invaluable and much appreciated!

Lodge2004

Post by Lodge2004 »

Wonderful event and a fantastic group of people.

In addition to participating in several great training sessions, I was able to accomplish my primary objectives; try the Texas Star and make sure my daughter had fun time. That star is downright addictive!

To everyone who met Sam, thank you for making such a positive impression. She, and dad, had a great time.

tomc

Post by tomc »

We just got back to Dallas and I wanted to post this to tell everyone what a great time we had this year. I didn't think last year could be topped, but I was wrong. A special thanks to all the staff for organizing and running this forum day. You all did such a great job. Everyone I talked to said what a great time they were having.

It was great to see all you folks from the forum again. This forum is truly composed of the best people ever and I enjoy every minute I spend with you all both on the forum and in person.

We have already started planning for next year's event and hopefully can get some others to attend.

A special thanks to Greg for his Combat Mindset seminar. He did a fantastic job and I really enjoyed it.

And last, a very special thanks to Charles for his time and energy in keeping this forum the special forum that it is and for his efforts toward this forum day.

Tom
be safe,
be prepared,
tomc

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

Lodge2004 wrote: To everyone who met Sam, thank you for making such a positive impression. She, and dad, had a great time.
It was a pleasure getting to meet Sam & getting to shoot with her in the ladies' class.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

mdek

Post by mdek »

I'd also like to say thanks for the wonderful day. I met some great people, learned a lot in the clinics/seminar, and overall had a great time. I'll definitely be trying my best to attend again in future years!

Return to “2007 TexasCHLforum Day”