Deadly Force & Legislative Update Seminar

Announcements, questions and comments about this year's event!

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

What is your preference regarding a Deadly Force & Legislative Update Seminar?

I would attend on Friday evening, Sept. 28th.
9%
I would attend if the seminar is given on Saturday as part of the event.
28%
I would attend either Friday, Sept. 28th, or on Saturday, Sept. 29th
63%

Total votes: 32

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I use a PowerPoint presentation for the seminar. Will there be a screen available? Also, do you want me to post this seminar on the TexasCHLforum Event Calendar?

Chas.

cxm
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Deadly Force & Legislative Update Seminar

Post by cxm »

Charles,

What and where is PSC?

Thanks

Chuck

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I teach a Deadly Force & Its Aftermath seminar a few times a year. I did it at last year's TexasCHLforum Day at PSC and it is on the schedule again for this year's event. However, I am considering doing something different to open up the PSC Blue Building for another seminar and I would like to get input from you folks.

The seminar was well attended last year and I suspect many people will not attend again this year. Other than the legislative update for the 2007 Texas Legislative Session, most of the presentation will be the same as you saw last year.

So, I'm considering not doing that seminar at the 2007 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC, but making it available at other times. I'm going to schedule a Deadly Force Seminar at PSC on a Friday evening in August. I may also offer it on Friday evening, Sept. 28th, the day before the 2007 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC. This would be done in conjunction with the sign-in for that event.

To gauge interest and to help in scheduling the 2007 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC seminars, I would appreciate it if you would vote in the attached poll, if you would like to attend either for the first time, or as a repeat offender.

Thanks,
Chas.
Hoist on High the Bonnie Blue Flag That Bears the Single Star!

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Crossfire »

Charles - I am familiar with the setup at the church. I can supply the screen and digital projector.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

GlockenHammer

Re: Deadly Force & Legislative Update Seminar

Post by GlockenHammer »

cxm wrote:Charles,

What and where is PSC?

Thanks

Chuck
PSC is a members-only shooting club in Friendswood, TX. You can find more about it at their website at http://www.psc-range.com.

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

carlson1 wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:Will Friday, August 17th work? It's one of the few dates I have open that meets the schedule for the Church.

Chas.

That is fine with me.
August 17 works for me too. :grin:
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

The Marshal

Post by The Marshal »

I'll go to the DFW Meeting, and bring friends!

~Bill

RKirby

Post by RKirby »

Aug 17th works for me. My son will also probably attend also if there is no problem with his age...he's 17.

He will also be charged with keeping me awake on the drive home, assuming this will be an evening class.
"Superior firepower is an invaluable tool when entering into negotiations." - G. Patton

BrassMonkey

Post by BrassMonkey »

I work for a huge hospital in Downtown Dallas. Would you like me to see of our Police Department can provide an auditorium or presentation hall?
BrassMonkey, that funky monkey....
===========================
Springfield TRP
Glock 22
Glock 21
Walther P22

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Others have said it, but I just want to reemphasize the value of this lecture. I've been fortunate enough to twice hear Charles present it...and that was before the latest legislative session ended.

NRA Director, Texas board-certified attorney, active advocate of our rights in Austin legislation, and a student at Thunder Ranch so notable that Clint and Heidi know him by his first name.

You can't ask for a better speaker, and you absolutely positively need to attend this presentation.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

carlson1
Posts in topic: 4

Post by carlson1 »

Just so folks know. EVERYONE IS INVITED to this seminar. There is NO CHARGE for this seminar - HOWEVER we WILL be taking a "free will" offering. We want to reimburse Mr. Cotton for his expenses. If you could post if you are coming and how many I would like to have an approximate head count.
Here are the directions to the Church:

http://www.fbcirving.com

183E from Dallas. Take the MacArthur exit and turn left (South) about a mile or so you come to Pioneer Dr. There will be a 7-11 on your left and a Fina station on your right. Turn right on Pioneer and we are a half a mile on the right.
1405 W. Pioneer Dr.
Irving, Tx 75060

Return to “2007 TexasCHLforum Day”