TexasCHLforum Day seminars & shooting clinics - Input ne

Announcements, questions and comments about this year's event!

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 6

TexasCHLforum Day seminars & shooting clinics - Input ne

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

We have posted a proposed seminar and shooting clinic schedule for this year's TexasCHLforum Day at PSC. Obviously, it isn't possible to attend every clinic and seminar, so this year we are scheduling the clinics in two "tracks;" a basic track and an intermediate track. Nevertheless, some people may still be missing a clinic they would like to attend.

We have not scheduled any clinic more than once. However, if enough people want to attend a clinic, but cannot because of a time conflict with another clinic or seminar, we will consider adding a second clinic in the afternoon. This is not as easy as it sounds, but we will make the effort if the demand is high enough for any given clinic.

Please give us some feedback in this thread. Let us know if you like the schedule as it is, whether you would like to see seminars or clinics added that are not currently on the schedule, or if you want to see a clinic repeated in the afternoon.

Since I am going to do the Deadly Force & Legislative Update in Dallas on August 17th, as well as at PSC in August, I do not plan to put the Deadly Force seminar on the schedule at this year's event. However, if there are enough people who cannot attend either of the August seminars who want to attend the seminar, I may add it to the schedule. Please let me know if you could attend a Deadly Force seminar on Friday evening, beginning at 7:00 pm.

Please give us your input and we need it quickly. I plan to finalize the schedule and post a Registration Form by next Saturday, July 21st!

Thanks,
Chas.

Here is the link to the proposed schedule: TexasCHLforum Day at PSC

BrassMonkey
Posts in topic: 3

Post by BrassMonkey »

Are young children welcomed?
BrassMonkey, that funky monkey....
===========================
Springfield TRP
Glock 22
Glock 21
Walther P22

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

BrassMonkey wrote:Are young children welcomed?
Yes. We had a shooting clinic scheduled for "Kids & Guns" but no one brought any young folks, so we didn't include it in this year's schedule. If there is sufficient interest, we'll add it to the schedule, but people will have to let us know ASAP.

Chas.

xdjunkie33
Posts in topic: 1

Post by xdjunkie33 »

i am new to the chl thing and would like to attend where,what city,time,anything helpful

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

xdjunkie33 wrote:i am new to the chl thing and would like to attend where,what city,time,anything helpful
It's at the PSC Shooting Club on FM 528 (a/k/a W. Parkwood) in Friendswood. It's about 25 miles south of downtown Houston.

Sign-in starts at 7:00 am with shooting clinics and seminars beginning at 8:00 am. It will end at 5:00 pm.

Here is a link to the official PSC website. The link to the event page is in my first post.

Thanks,
Chas.

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 2

Post by seamusTX »

http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... php?t=8276

September 29 and possibly the evening before. All day. Held at PSC in Friendswood, southeast of Houston.

It's a great event. Don't miss it.

- Jim

TraCoun

PLEASE RESPOND!

Post by TraCoun »

Please respond to Charles request for input. The TexasCHL Forum day is only possible because a bunch of dedicated 2A supporters are volunteering their time and effort to bring learning opportunities to the CHL community and others interested. In order to make the day as valuable as possible for YOU, and make the best possible use of the talents of those volunteers, we need to get any input you have.

:party: Your input is valuable and important to us because YOU are important and valuable to us! Please don't assume the seminars and clinics will be there, because if we don't have enough response for any of them we may decide to substitute something else. And don't assume we can't accomodate you if you would like to see something else ... please let us know so we can work out the best possible day for all concerned.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

We also need to be able to give Bun Stuffers a good count, so we can avoid having them lose money on us ....

Thanx,

TraCoun

seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

The only reason that I haven't commented is that I have so much to learn, I would benefit from any of the offered seminars.

And for anyone who is shy about going, it is a welcoming environment regardless of your level of experience.

- Jim

BrassMonkey

Post by BrassMonkey »

By "young" I meant 4... Still welcomed?
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
BrassMonkey wrote:Are young children welcomed?
Yes. We had a shooting clinic scheduled for "Kids & Guns" but no one brought any young folks, so we didn't include it in this year's schedule. If there is sufficient interest, we'll add it to the schedule, but people will have to let us know ASAP.

Chas.
Springfield TRP
Glock 22
Glock 21
Walther P22

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

BrassMonkey wrote:By "young" I meant 4... Still welcomed?
Put some eye and ear protection on him/her and we're happy to have 'um!

Chas.

BrassMonkey

Post by BrassMonkey »

Woohoo, we will be there then!!!! :-)
Springfield TRP
Glock 22
Glock 21
Walther P22

tomc

Post by tomc »

Looks like you have designed another wonderful schedule of events for us this year. Some questions though:

a) I am familiar with most event abbreviations, but could you list a brief summary of goals and objectives for each?

b) What are the Individual Skills associated with the pistol bays?

c) The Canyon, Try it?

d) Is the Combat Mindset seminar your new seminar, Charles?

I would also be interested in a Friday evening Pre-registration social.

Having been to last years CHLforum day, I would like to recommend to all not in the area debating whether to come to try to attend. These folks put on an excellent program that is a Do Not Miss event in my opinion.

Tom
be safe,
be prepared,
tomc

TraCoun

Forum Day Input

Post by TraCoun »

seamusTX wrote:The only reason that I haven't commented is that I have so much to learn, I would benefit from any of the offered seminars.
- Jim
Jim,

Due to our various limitations - room space, bay space, number of instructors, work load for instructors, etc. - we cannot possibly make it so EVERYONE can get to EVERYTHING -- although we certainly wish we could!

So each person planning to attend needs to let us know what they want. If we cancel something someone wants because no one told us, well ...

We not only WANT everyone's input, we NEED it, to make it the best possible day all around. So please let us know what your choices are as best you can tell.

Thanx,
TraCoun

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

tomc wrote:Looks like you have designed another wonderful schedule of events for us this year. Some questions though:

a) I am familiar with most event abbreviations, but could you list a brief summary of goals and objectives for each?
Good idea; I'll try to get that done tonight.
tomc wrote:b) What are the Individual Skills associated with the pistol bays?
That's just unassigned bays that are available for open shooting to practice whatever people want. We may try to draft some people to be mentors for folks and those bays can be use for some individual instruction for a limited amount of time. If we add any shooting clinics, they will go into one or more of those open bays.
tomc wrote:c) The Canyon, Try it?
a/k/a "battlefield pickup" Several different types of pistols will be available for people to try. It should help people decide whether they really want to buy a particular gun.
tomc wrote:d) Is the Combat Mindset seminar your new seminar, Charles?
Nope, Gregg Garrett from Comp-Tac will be teaching that one.
tomc wrote:I would also be interested in a Friday evening Pre-registration social.
We'll have to wait and see if enough people are interested to do it, but I sure hope so.

Chas.

Piney

Post by Piney »

Greetings--

We had a fun time shooting... errr.. shooting AT.... the Texas Star last year. I enjoyed Gregg's seminar on shooting while moving as well. I haven't tripped over anything since *grin*

This year--
==perhaps another bay with the two TX Stars in it ??
==A bay that will allow folks try shooting a variety of pistols/revolvers would be nice. The logistics of such might be a bit troublesome though.
==A bay that is just for stopping by and shooting. Folks always want to shoot one another's firearms.

Return to “2007 TexasCHLforum Day”