ATTENTION: Deadly Force Seminar In DFW AREA

Announcements, questions and comments about this year's event!

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Crossfire »

carlson1 wrote:He drove instead of flying. I will let him answer if had enough or not.
I have heard rumors that, the way he drives, it's pretty much the same thing. ;-)
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 5

Post by stevie_d_64 »

llwatson wrote:
carlson1 wrote:He drove instead of flying. I will let him answer if had enough or not.
I have heard rumors that, the way he drives, it's pretty much the same thing. ;-)
No way! He's the posterchild for DPS and defensive driving!!! For shame Mrs L!!! :lol:
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

The collection more than covered my expenses. In fact, people were so generous it will also cover a good part of a year's worth of web hosting for TexasCHLforum.

llwatson, you can't believe everything TraCoun tells you! Just because I talk to Houston Approach on the way in from Dallas doesn't mean I'm driving too fast. :lol:

Thanks again folks,
Chas.

KRM45
Posts in topic: 1

Post by KRM45 »

Wow I should have found this thread earlier :oops:

My son and I were late, and we left early, and for that we are sorry. We enjoyed the portion we were able to see.

Maybe next time I'll be able to make it on time :roll:

tomc
Posts in topic: 2

Post by tomc »

Charles: "Houston Approach, Cottonflyer 211, 30 north George Bush Intercontinental, inbound Friendswood with information."

Houston Approach: "Cottonflyer 211, Houston Approach, radar contact 29 north George Bush Intercontinental, cleared into class B airspace, direct Friendswood, maintain VFR at or below 50 feet, reduce to minimum approach speed, you are overtaking traffic by 70 knots."
be safe,
be prepared,
tomc

TraCoun

Just for the record ....

Post by TraCoun »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:llwatson, you can't believe everything TraCoun tells you! Just because I talk to Houston Approach on the way in from Dallas doesn't mean I'm driving too fast. :lol:

Thanks again folks,
Chas.
Since the first time I went to the TSRA annual meeting with Charles, I have been able to say "I've flown with Charles Cotton." :woohoo

BTW, there used to be a show for kids on public television, featuring a lot of puppets and the like. Because of the similarity in color, I've adopted the name of one of the regular 'characters' as my nickname for Charles' 'Vette. There is one difference, however, the one in the TV show did NOT fly (that I know of) :anamatedbanana

TraCoun :biggrinjester:

TraCoun

One addition ...

Post by TraCoun »

tomc wrote:Charles: "Houston Approach, Cottonflyer 211, 30 north George Bush Intercontinental, inbound Friendswood with information."

Houston Approach: "Cottonflyer 211, Houston Approach, radar contact 29 north George Bush Intercontinental, cleared into class B airspace, direct Friendswood, maintain VFR at or below 50 feet, reduce to minimum approach speed, you are overtaking traffic by 70 knots."
tomc,

I would have added (to Houston approach) "Is that an SR-71 you're driving?

Thanx,
TraCoun :evil2:

switch

Glad you all enjoyed it, sorry I missed it.

Post by switch »

Could anyone post a recap/summary for us poor souls that could not make it? :cry:

I am starting a new job and not sure, yet, if I could get to PSC on a Friday night in time to hear an encore presentation.

Stringer

Post by Stringer »

I'm late in doing it but want to add my "thanks" to those who made this seminar happen.

For me, one of the biggest lessons I took away was that, while it's imperative to know the law, the law may very well be read differently by 12 jurors who WILL NOT be CHL'ers or NRA members.

Thanks again!

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Re: Glad you all enjoyed it, sorry I missed it.

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

switch wrote:Could anyone post a recap/summary for us poor souls that could not make it? :cry:

I am starting a new job and not sure, yet, if I could get to PSC on a Friday night in time to hear an encore presentation.
I wish I could think of a way to do it, but it's just not possible to post a summary. Too much of the seminar consists of discussion of the statutes and answering questions. I don't have a script, I just use a PowerPoint presentation with key points and statutes. It wouldn't mean anything, and could even be misleading, without the discussion and the opportunity to ask questions.

Sorry,
Chas.

Return to “2007 TexasCHLforum Day”