Deadly Force Seminar on Friday, Sept 28

Announcements, questions and comments about this year's event!

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

The Deadly Force & Legislative Update Seminar on Sept. 28 is full. If we can get more seating in the building, I'll open it up for more people and I'll post it here. If you want to be on a stand-by list, please let me know.

Chas.

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 1

Post by seamusTX »

Charles, if you got a good video of your talk, you could sell DVDs :smile:

- Jim

ducks4brkfast

Post by ducks4brkfast »

Any room for two more?

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

ducks4brkfast wrote:Any room for two more?
Sorry, it's full.

Chas.

CHLSteve
Posts in topic: 3

Post by CHLSteve »

Any chance you guys could record this onto video or even CD? I might be able to get some equipment if you need it, but I assume you'll already be using a sound system. Recording the presentation should be easy.

I could even convert and host it as a "podcast" so that others could get it if you wanted. Just a thought.

NcongruNt

Post by NcongruNt »

I'd also be interested in a video of this if it becomes available.

Mithras61
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Mithras61 »

Charles,

I have a digial video camera that we can use for this, if you are interested. I'll admit that it isn't a professional quality camera, but it does a pretty good job. I'd be happy to set up & record this presentation and give it with all rights over to you.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Mithras61 wrote:Charles,

I have a digial video camera that we can use for this, if you are interested. I'll admit that it isn't a professional quality camera, but it does a pretty good job. I'd be happy to set up & record this presentation and give it with all rights over to you.
Thanks, but I don't ever record the seminar. If it were to be recorded, I wouldn't be as candid in responding to questions from participants.

Chas.

Mithras61

Post by Mithras61 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Thanks, but I don't ever record the seminar. If it were to be recorded, I wouldn't be as candid in responding to questions from participants.

Chas.
Understood. I won't bring the camera tonight.

On a related note, is recording allowed tomorrow?

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Mithras61 wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.

There is no general prohibition on recording, either audio or video, any seminar or shooting clinic. Before doing so, please ask the seminar presenter or the instructor of the shooting clinic if they have any objections.

As for random photos and videos of the events, feel free to take as many as you like. Obviously, if someone doesn't want to be photographed, then that should be honored.

Chas.

Mithras61

Post by Mithras61 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Mithras61 wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.

There is no general prohibition on recording, either audio or video, any seminar or shooting clinic. Before doing so, please ask the seminar presenter or the instructor of the shooting clinic if they have any objections.

As for random photos and videos of the events, feel free to take as many as you like. Obviously, if someone doesn't want to be photographed, then that should be honored.

Chas.
Understood. I was planning on taking photos/video of myself & my guest for sharing with family/friends, so I suspect it won't be an issue, but I will make certain & check with anyone who will be in-frame.

Thanks!

elwood blooz

Post by elwood blooz »

I've had a breakdown at work and can't make it tonite. Both my seats are open for the taking.

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

I hate to cancel at the last minute knowing people were turned away, but I've been sick and I cannot make it tonight. I was going to try and make it but I still do not feel well. Hopefully someone will show up and take my space.

CHLSteve

Post by CHLSteve »

Ugh! Wish we knew about the open seats sooner!

BTW--I have my CVCL, so I might be bringing my concealed video camera into the next event. Guns yes, but no video cameras? You guys are silly.

CompVest

Post by CompVest »

I think careful or cautious are a better description then silly.

Return to “2007 TexasCHLforum Day”