Purse holsters a/k/a "gun purses"

Announcements, questions and comments about this year's event!

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Popshot
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Popshot »

LedJedi,

Your view is well-founded and logical. However, since fashion plays a bigger role in society than proper carry methods, many women will likely choose the purse for most occasions.

Charles,

My wife will certainly be interested in this mini-clinic, especially since her "plastic" arrived last week. She is already scheduled for the ladie's seminar.
Gun control = hitting where you aim

Mithras61
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Mithras61 »

seamusTX wrote:
LedJedi wrote:It seems that of all the things a female might get assaulted for, purse snatching is certainly near the top of the list.
That is a valid concern.

However, to begin with situational awareness can prevent a purse snatching. They often occur in crowds when the victim is distracted, talking on a cell phone, or focused on something.

It's also important for every woman who is frequently a pedestrian or uses public transportation to use a shoulder bag with a strong strap and keep a firm hold on it.

- Jim
Jim,

With some of the "new" purse-snatching techniques that are in use (e.g. - BG leans out the car window & grabs the purse as they go by the victim) a good grip & strong strap don't help much and can get you injured.

I have to agree with most folks here that off-body carry is generally a bad idea, but given a choice between off-body & no carry, I would choose off-body. As someone else noted, for some people, fashion rules and everything else comes after that.

CompVest
Posts in topic: 3

Post by CompVest »

All types of snatch and grabs is why I prefer a cross should carry when I am using my purse to as a holster. I also keep it in front of me and do not walk close enough to the roadway for a snatch and grab of my purse or me! Keeping alert and being aware of what is going on around you will lower the chances of anyone slowing down enough in a car to get close enough to snatch a purse.

Mithras61
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Mithras61 »

CompVest wrote:All types of snatch and grabs is why I prefer a cross should carry when I am using my purse to as a holster. I also keep it in front of me and do not walk close enough to the roadway for a snatch and grab of my purse or me! Keeping alert and being aware of what is going on around you will lower the chances of anyone slowing down enough in a car to get close enough to snatch a purse.
True, but it happened to SWMBO in an Albertson's parking lot. Please be extra alert when crossing parking lots when you are purse-carrying, especially ones by grocery stores & WalMarts (it's usually less of a problem in a company lot if it isn't a retail company).

Return to “2007 TexasCHLforum Day”