Pink guns, etc.

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

fickman
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Pink guns, etc.

Post by fickman »

Texas10X wrote:Guys, there's no issue with you posting to the "Ladies" area of the forum. On the Board Index page, it has this description for the "Ladies" area:
"Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome."
See, I miss all sorts of good info by only using the "Active Topics" view. Still, if I'd realized where we were I may have skipped the underwear joke.

:tiphat:

:coolgleamA:
Native Texian

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 1

Post by baldeagle »

Here ya go, Charles.

https://www.google.com/search?q=picture ... 80&bih=751" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.google.com/search?q=picture ... 80&bih=751" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 5

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Thank You... :tiphat:

2ndAmendmentMumma

Post by 2ndAmendmentMumma »

My gun----------->
Not a fan of the pink gun. I love my pearl handled, lazer etched p238. It my baby. But if it takes pink guns to get more women to carry for protection, I am up for it.
FTR I have a very feminine 20yo dd who, when I bought her a gun, rejected pink for the S&W SD9. That thing looks like a cannon in her tiny hands. She's 96lbs. She can fire that thing and field strip it like an expert. :fire
Leighan, mumma to 6.
"Yes, Mr. President, I WILL cling to my guns and my religion because my right to do so is guaranteed by the United States Constitution. It is my right; it is my duty."

Ruger3

Post by Ruger3 »

Yep, mine is purple but that was just a bonus. My previous gun was all black but really a bit too big for me so I went gun shopping for something that fit my hand better and maybe lighter to carry. I liked the way this one felt and since I had a choice of all black or purple/black, I chose the "pretty" one. Besides, hubby and son aren't as likely to steal it from me ;)
Ruger LC9
CHL class - April 29, 2013
Application mailed - May 20, 2013
PLASTIC! - June 22, 2013

fickman
Posts in topic: 4

Post by fickman »

This thread started in 2008. I think there's been a significant culture shift in the gun community since then, and I doubt this thread would be started today.

Interesting to see how quickly things have changed - and how recently some things that are taken for granted today were revolutionary.
Native Texian

CHLLady
Posts in topic: 2

Post by CHLLady »

I would never buy a colored gun for several reasons, my children, other children visitors, or non gun familiar friends that may mistake it as a toy. Yes, my children are taught gun safety, but I will take no chances where they are concerned. And would never dream of using a pink gun to use as my CH. I don't believe a BG would take me seriously and it would not look good in my favor if witnesses say I pointed my pink gun at him and he laughed and stepped forward and then I fired. IMHO.

But they sure are pretty! :thewave
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

There is a gal that competes with a pink M&P at the local IDPA events. Further, there is a group wo de wimminzx who compete, and their hallmark is pink holsters and mag holders.

Zen

Post by Zen »

CHLLady wrote:I would never buy a colored gun for several reasons, my children, other children visitors, or non gun familiar friends that may mistake it as a toy. Yes, my children are taught gun safety, but I will take no chances where they are concerned. And would never dream of using a pink gun to use as my CH. I don't believe a BG would take me seriously and it would not look good in my favor if witnesses say I pointed my pink gun at him and he laughed and stepped forward and then I fired. IMHO.

But they sure are pretty! :thewave
My 6-yo son picked the color of our Ruger SR-22 - Purple. We were buying a gun for my girlfriend to try at the range - she is not fond of guns, but was willing to go to the range. At first I thought it was a good idea since it was purple and purple is not intimidating (Barney?). As we were looking at it, I decided that it was also a good way to show my son that anything that has the shape of a gun, regardless of the color, should be treated as such. He knows it is not a toy, and when he does ask to see and handle it (I clear it twice, he clears it once with my help) he treats is appropriately - as if it is loaded, finger off the trigger, pointed in a safe direction, no "cops and robber" games, etc.

I also know that if I need to get a gun out of the safe for defense, not to grab the purple one by mistake. :)

With regards to using it as self-defense, it might just give you a half-second or so advantage to save your life if the attacker sees the pink gun and has to analyze the situation. If you're drawing, you have intent to fire to save your life. Every advantage helps in that situation.

CHLLady
Posts in topic: 2

Post by CHLLady »

Zen: Funny, I was just looking at that gun and showing it to hubby last night. I am not to happy with my compact Taurus. I noticed my wrist hurt after shooting it 2 days in a row and it has a difficult trigger. After reading several articles last night about .22lr I'm really considering it. That's so nice of you both to choose a gun for her. I hope she likes it.

That is a possibility. For me, I'll stick with my ear and eye protection being pink, that's good enough for me. ;-)
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

Return to “Ladies”