We may have a convert!!

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Venus Pax
Posts in topic: 2

We may have a convert!!

Post by Venus Pax »

I was talking to one of the ladies in our small (cell) group at church. She was telling me that she didn't want a gun in her house because that wouldn't be trusting God to take care of her & her family. I offered her an alternate way of looking at it: if you lost your job, you wouldn't sit in your lazy chair eating doritos and call it having faith in God to secure your next job. It wouldn't make sense to use the same logic with home protection. You do what you can do, then you trust God to do what you can't.

She milled it over awhile, then said she wouldn't mind learning to shoot a gun.

Fast forward to tonight. She called & told me that she was ready to purchase a gun, but wanted to know the best place to get one for a good price. I recommended a gun show since you can comparison shop. I told her about the one in Pasadena this weekend, but she wants me to go with her so we will probably go to the one in Conroe later this month.
She is supposed to come by next week to look at my guns & gun safe. (We would go shooting, but she's pregnant right now.) I told her I would go over gun safety & safe handling with her while she's here. I also want her to look at my safes since she has five (soon to be six) kids in the house ages 12 & under.

:hurry:
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Thomas

Re: We may have a convert!!

Post by Thomas »

Great!

That also reminded me of the joke/story of the guy drowning in the flood because he didn't recognize God's help:
http://www.joywell.org/Sermons/dropout.html wrote:A story is told about a man who used to live along the Mississippi River. A sheriff's
deputy came by in a patrol car and warned him that he needed to flee to higher ground
because a flood was coming. He said, "The Lord will take care of me." When the
water was about 4 inches deep another deputy came by in a jeep and said, "Come
with me, there is a big flood coming this way." The man said, "The Lord will take care
of me." Later another deputy came by in a boat and invited the man to come with him.
The man said, "The Lord will take care of me." Finally, the flood was so high that the
man had to climb up on the roof of his house to stay dry. Another deputy came by in
a helicopter and said, "Climb in the helicopter. The flood is still rising." The man said,
"The Lord will take care of me." The flood rose, the man drowned and he went to
heaven. When he got to heaven he came before the Lord and said, "Lord, why didn't
you take care of me?" The Lord said, "I tried to take care of you. I sent you a patrol
car, a jeep, a boat, and a helicopter; but you refused them all."

Lumberjack98
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Lumberjack98 »

Way to convert VP!!
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

CompVest
Posts in topic: 1

Post by CompVest »

Venus Pax wrote:I was talking to one of the ladies in our small (cell) group at church. She was telling me that she didn't want a gun in her house because that wouldn't be trusting God to take care of her & her family. I offered her an alternate way of looking at it: if you lost your job, you wouldn't sit in your lazy chair eating doritos and call it having faith in God to secure your next job. It wouldn't make sense to use the same logic with home protection. You do what you can do, then you trust God to do what you can't.

She milled it over awhile, then said she wouldn't mind learning to shoot a gun.

Fast forward to tonight. She called & told me that she was ready to purchase a gun, but wanted to know the best place to get one for a good price. I recommended a gun show since you can comparison shop. I told her about the one in Pasadena this weekend, but she wants me to go with her so we will probably go to the one in Conroe later this month.
She is supposed to come by next week to look at my guns & gun safe. (We would go shooting, but she's pregnant right now.) I told her I would go over gun safety & safe handling with her while she's here. I also want her to look at my safes since she has five (soon to be six) kids in the house ages 12 & under.

:hurry:

VP be sure to stop at Cypress FireArms, SRVA will be there. I may be there Sunday AM but that would be it. Got a bunch of lessons that weekend. If your friend asks any questions you aren't sure of you know SRVA will help.
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

Topic author
Venus Pax
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Venus Pax »

Is Cypress Firearms at the gun show in Conroe or is it at a separate location?
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Return to “Ladies”