looking for lady trainer for my wife

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
rcasady
Posts in topic: 2

looking for lady trainer for my wife

Post by rcasady »

hi guys and gals
my wife is pretty gun shy but is showing some interest in shooting lately and actually asked about taking a course :woohoo .
obviously i want her to shoot as much as possible for her own defense but would also like a range buddy one day .
but basically what im looking for is a beginner firearms lesson from preferably a lady . i know she will do great and learn fast but i think it would be best if she learned from a 3rd party for the basics
i suppose a woman teacher isnt necesarry but i think she would enjoy it more in the beginning

any suggestions from the south houston /galveston area ?

cbunt1
Posts in topic: 1

Re: looking for lady trainer for my wife

Post by cbunt1 »

There are numerous Ladies-Only courses/instructors in the Houston area. Since you mention Galveston as well, I will assume you're more toward the south-side of town.

The Arms Room in League City has some excellent women's programs, as does Shiloh Indoor Shooting Range in Northwest Houston.

CompVest here on the forum runs excellent ladies classes, and to my knowledge, offers her courses at various ranges throughout the area.

All of these programs are excellent and come highly recommended. Although my wife hasn't yet participated in any of the classes, I've personally watched segments of all of these instructors' classes at various ranges (just happened to be there when they were,) and I've been highly impressed with what I've seen, and each offers instruction for shooters from first-time to expert level.
American by birth, Texan by the grace of God!

TLynnHughes

Post by TLynnHughes »

PM Sent :hurry:

T.
Women's Program Match Director
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies." -- Annie Oakley

Topic author
rcasady

Post by rcasady »

awesome !!!! thanks T ! we cant wait to meet you ! :anamatedbanana

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

http://www.psc-range.com/index.php/psc-ladies-program

Open to both PSC members and non-members. Right in your neighborhood, and an excellent and growing program. :thumbs2:
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Divided Attention

Post by Divided Attention »

There is a great ladies group that meets monthly at the Arms room - A Girl and A Gun - I have been going to their North Houston outings. Very low key, get to try different guns, no so much "trainer", but get to meet with other women interested in shooting and discuss "girl" topics - there are things we have to deal with you guys don't. Also there are always more advanced shooters and the facilitator there to help. There are often ladies there that have never touched a gun before, nice way to get some low stress, low key practice in!
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I swear that I am twisted..... my first thought when I read the thread title was, "why on earth would this guy's wife need training to be a lady?" Sometimes I'm just plain clueless. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

TLynnHughes

Post by TLynnHughes »

rcasady wrote:awesome !!!! thanks T ! we cant wait to meet you ! :anamatedbanana
I know...me too! It's going to be fun. Hope she decides to join us at A Girl and A Gun as well. I'll talk to her more about that when I meet her.

T.
Women's Program Match Director
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies." -- Annie Oakley

Return to “Ladies”