A Girl and A Gun and some positive press!

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Divided Attention
Posts in topic: 2

A Girl and A Gun and some positive press!

Post by Divided Attention »

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/we ... ing-league While this is the "South side ladies" I belong to the "north side" branch of A Girl and A Gun group. A great group of women and every month we have new women, some that have NEVER even touched a gun before. Great fellowship and definitely "Trigger Therapy!" :clapping:
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

williamkevin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: A Girl and A Gun and some positive press!

Post by williamkevin »

Thanks for posting this! My wife (TLynn Hughes here on the forum) is the facilitator and has been working REALLY hard to grow this program! I'm really proud of her and the work she's done bringing in new female shooters to the sport!!!!

Topic author
Divided Attention

Post by Divided Attention »

I hadn't talked to TLynn and didn't know if she wanted me to mention her specifically, but I had to share. TLynn has been a great ambassador of 2A and ever patient in dealing with us "gals!" She covers both the South and North sides for AG&AG, organizing and facilitating. We appreciate all she does so much!
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

discoqueen

Post by discoqueen »

Great job ladies! I'm looking forward to joining up with the Dallas group soon!
How many tools are in your toolbox?
www.DefensiveMindset.com

TLynnHughes
Posts in topic: 5

Post by TLynnHughes »

Divided Attention wrote:I hadn't talked to TLynn and didn't know if she wanted me to mention her specifically, but I had to share. TLynn has been a great ambassador of 2A and ever patient in dealing with us "gals!" She covers both the South and North sides for AG&AG, organizing and facilitating. We appreciate all she does so much!
Thanks for thinking about my privacy! ;-) I think the cat's outta the bag for sure now. I have been blessed beyond belief to be part of this group of truly amazing women...from the founders to the members!

T.
Women's Program Match Director
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies." -- Annie Oakley

TLynnHughes

Post by TLynnHughes »

discoqueen wrote:Great job ladies! I'm looking forward to joining up with the Dallas group soon!
You're going to LOVE the Dallas Facilitator!!

T.
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies." -- Annie Oakley

rcasady

Post by rcasady »

my wife emailed me last night with the link to the clip and was soo excited to see her on tv ! :woohoo
im still eager to shoot with yall and get my wife out there with the ladies .
i will always be indebted to tlynnhughes for getting my bride shooting
excellent work ! :txflag:

JustMe

Post by JustMe »

I'm excited about the Launch of the Sherman branch of A Girl & A Gun on March 19th! This is going to be great!
Mary Ellis
TX CHL Instructor NRA Instuctor--Basic Pistol,Basic Rifle, Basic Shotgun, RTBAV,Home Firearm Safety,Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection outside the Home. ,RSO, CRSO,TP&&W Hunter Ed Instructor

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Great job TLynn. And thanks to you Divided Attention and JustMe. It is wonderful to see so many ladies getting into shooting due to your and other women shooters tutelage. :hurry:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

TLynnHughes

Post by TLynnHughes »

rcasady wrote:my wife emailed me last night with the link to the clip and was soo excited to see her on tv ! :woohoo
im still eager to shoot with yall and get my wife out there with the ladies .
i will always be indebted to tlynnhughes for getting my bride shooting
excellent work ! :txflag:
I'm looking forward to getting together with you guys over some targets and triggers! I think about y'all alot and wonder how it's going

Thank you!

T.
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

TLynnHughes

Post by TLynnHughes »

Keith B wrote:Great job TLynn. And thanks to you Divided Attention and JustMe. It is wonderful to see so many ladies getting into shooting due to your and other women shooters tutelage. :hurry:
Thanks, Keith B.

I know to many this seems like a less than serious way to get women shooting. I've heard a lot of negative comments about the "socializing" part. But what I've learned since I've been involved is that this provides women with a stepping off point to become involved in shooting as recreation/competition/self-defense. They can take it wherever they want to go with it, but they have to start somewhere. There have been some amazing success stories of defeating fear in the 6 short months we've been doing this.

T.
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

JustMe

Post by JustMe »

You are right Tracy---It is amazing the response I am getting--and a lot of it from women I never would have suspected! Guess it just proves that you never can tell! I think it is a much better way to get women involved in shooting--keeping it relaxed and letting everyone move at their own pace.
Mary Ellis
TX CHL Instructor NRA Instuctor--Basic Pistol,Basic Rifle, Basic Shotgun, RTBAV,Home Firearm Safety,Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection outside the Home. ,RSO, CRSO,TP&&W Hunter Ed Instructor

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

TLynnHughes wrote:
Keith B wrote:Great job TLynn. And thanks to you Divided Attention and JustMe. It is wonderful to see so many ladies getting into shooting due to your and other women shooters tutelage. :hurry:
Thanks, Keith B.

I know to many this seems like a less than serious way to get women shooting. I've heard a lot of negative comments about the "socializing" part. But what I've learned since I've been involved is that this provides women with a stepping off point to become involved in shooting as recreation/competition/self-defense. They can take it wherever they want to go with it, but they have to start somewhere. There have been some amazing success stories of defeating fear in the 6 short months we've been doing this.

T.
Hey, shooting, fishing, chess or tiddlywinks, it doesn't matter. Even this forum is a method of 'socializing'. I say if it gets folks together and involved in shooting, it is great. And, it is not a less than serious way to do it. It is getting women to think about protecting themselves as well as having a good time. You ladies just keep doing what you are doing! :thumbs2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

A-R

Post by A-R »

TLynn, I just saw this video posted on FB via Cornered Cat. Congrats. Wonderful to see more ladies out enjoying shooting. :clapping:

So does Juliana Crowder run the Austin group? I've met her through the IDPA club she and her husband recently started. Good people.

TLynnHughes

Post by TLynnHughes »

A-R wrote:TLynn, I just saw this video posted on FB via Cornered Cat. Congrats. Wonderful to see more ladies out enjoying shooting. :clapping:

So does Juliana Crowder run the Austin group? I've met her through the IDPA club she and her husband recently started. Good people.
A-R,

Julianna Crowder is the founder of the whole club. She and Renee Blaine started the club in Leander a year ago. Until this past month, the club/league was in Texas only. In a year, the Texas membership has swelled to nearly 300. This month, in response to about a bazillion emails that Julianna receives, she has accepted requests from the additional states of Colorado and Virginia. The Houston Chapter launched in October. At a recent Girls Night Out here in February, we had 58 ladies show up to shoot.

The Crowders are indeed great people! I met her husband John in September when I traveled to Austin to see how the group worked. Tell them howdy when you see them again! :)

T.
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

Return to “Ladies”