wanted to say hello

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
MolonLabe
Posts in topic: 5

wanted to say hello

Post by MolonLabe »

Hi, wanted to say hello. I am new to the forum and about to get my CHL in the mail. Was wondering if anyone here has taken part in any of the Diva WOW groups? I've been thinking about checking one out that meets in my area, but am new to shooting and am worried that I'm going to feel like a complete moron walking into a range full of ladies with experience. :confused5

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: wanted to say hello

Post by The Annoyed Man »

You'll notice that I'm The Annoyed Man, but I have participated in a DIVA WOW event at Elm Fork range in Dallas, as a RO/pistol instructor. My son participated with me, in the same capacity. It was a pretty impressive event, and I have urged my (CHL holding) wife to go to the next one. We'll see..... :mrgreen:

Welcome to the forum, by the way.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Welcome to the forum.

Although I know nothing about this event, there are lots of ladies as well as men that I am sure would not mind you going to the range for some practical training and assistance.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Topic author
MolonLabe

Post by MolonLabe »

Thanks for the welcome and the input. Wish I knew some like minded friends that I could drag along as wingwomen, but I guess it will just have to be one of those "first day of school" moments!

Tbucher1218
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Tbucher1218 »

What area are you in?
02/27/12 Online App
06/06/12 Plastic in Hand. 71 Days!

Topic author
MolonLabe

Post by MolonLabe »

Par ker County.
Last edited by MolonLabe on Thu May 31, 2012 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

I am part of the CowTown DIVA group. I have not been to the Weatherford handgun league, but I will be participating in the Ft Worth Handgun Clinic on June 16 at Winchester Gallery.

Do NOT feel intimidated! DIVAs are all about welcoming and encouraging new shooters. Many of the ladies will be in the same position as you, with very little, or no, experience. We all were new shooters at one time, and we all know how you feel. Joining a DIVA event is a great way to get started.

Another group to look into is A Girl And A Gun. I have not met with them, but I believe TBucher is part of that group. They are also all about encouraging and training new shooters.

We can get you started, but don't blame us when you become addicted to shooting!
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Topic author
MolonLabe

Post by MolonLabe »

Than you Crossfire, I think I'm going to check it out, thank you for the encouragement!

Tbucher1218

Post by Tbucher1218 »

I am fairly new myself. I have only really been shooting for about 6 months. I have looked into A Girl and A Gun and have thought about attending an event. I was just looking at their site and they do have a fort worth chapter that has a Ladies Night out on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of the month. Might be something you might want to check out. Everybody was a beginner at one time :thumbs2:
02/27/12 Online App
06/06/12 Plastic in Hand. 71 Days!

pinkpistol

Post by pinkpistol »

Get out there and get shooting.
Times have changed, and women and men welcome women shooters. Noobies are always welcome, and we can't wait to mentor you.
Glock 19, Taurus 738.

Texas10X

Post by Texas10X »

Welcome to the forum!

JustMe

Post by JustMe »

A Girl & A Gun is a great group of just regular women of all ages, backgrounds & skill levels--yes--I am absolutely biased!! I started the group here in March. I have been to the FW group & the facilitator there is great(Michelle). don't worry about how much experience you have (or don't have!) Every meeting I have women who have never even touched a gun--and it goes up from there. We are here to support you in what YOU want to do & learn--and while you will be encouraged to stretch and learn new things, you will never be made to feel uncomfortable.
Mary Ellis
TX CHL Instructor NRA Instuctor--Basic Pistol,Basic Rifle, Basic Shotgun, RTBAV,Home Firearm Safety,Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection outside the Home. ,RSO, CRSO,TP&&W Hunter Ed Instructor

Caltex

Post by Caltex »

MolonLabe wrote:Hi, wanted to say hello. I am new to the forum and about to get my CHL in the mail. Was wondering if anyone here has taken part in any of the Diva WOW groups? I've been thinking about checking one out that meets in my area, but am new to shooting and am worried that I'm going to feel like a complete moron walking into a range full of ladies with experience. :confused5
I totally know what you mean; the members here are very knowledgeable, and always provide excellent, factual information. Good luck!
I don't trust easily, so when I tell you I trust you, don't make me regret it.

Topic author
MolonLabe

Post by MolonLabe »

Thank you, ya'll are an encouraging bunch. I'm gonna pull my big girl britches up and check some of these groups out. Ya'll seem a lot less scary than the local PTA bunch, :boxing ,hahaha!

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

Hey, PTA moms scare me too!
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Return to “Ladies”