Encouraging girlfriends to not to be sheep

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

OldCannon
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Encouraging girlfriends to not to be sheep

Post by OldCannon »

CHLLady wrote:
OldCannon wrote:Have them take a "Refuse To Be A Victim" class. It's definitely NOT about guns (it doesn't teach anything about guns, actually), but about increasing situational awareness. The first step it to get them thinking about how the criminal thinks, and how to get them to NOT look like an easy victim. The gun stuff can follow.

Baby steps. :tiphat:
Great idea. Thank you. I will have to see if there is one around.
Go here:

http://www.nrainstructors.org/SearchCourse.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Select "NRA Refuse To Be A Victim® Seminars", then select your zip code and search radius at the bottom.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

Topic author
CHLLady
Posts in topic: 10

Post by CHLLady »

Thank you! I'll have a look!
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

CDGMAC
Posts in topic: 1

Post by CDGMAC »

Dont be discouraged. Keep encouraging them and be the example. Most people in the U.S. live in condition "White". They are not aware of their surroundings. Go to Walmart and watch people. Most people are too busy walking and texting. My wife for years had a rough time going with my everyday protocol. Now she understands and respects it. Every time we go out to eat, I always get to pick the seating for my families safety. The sad thing is most people will not change until something happens. By than it may be too late. These thugs are always watching. One of the most important deterrents is eye contact. Most thugs the moment you make eye contact with them may become discouraged because they feel they have become compromised. Keep your head on a swivel and be the quiet professional. Some day they will get it. Good luck!!!
Mac Mackinzie

Topic author
CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

Unfortunately, there are no classes nearby. I will have to keep watching to see if one comes up.

Thank you CDGMAC, I will keep on. I think they will learn something from me, it can't help but rub off. :thumbs2:
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

bluejay71

Post by bluejay71 »

You are only paranoid if nothing happens. But if something does and you are ready, then you were prepared. What a double standard. :???:
CHL since August 2012

Topic author
CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

bluejay71 wrote:You are only paranoid if nothing happens. But if something does and you are ready, then you were prepared. What a double standard. :???:
Very true.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

You can lead sheep/horses to water but you can't make them drink. You've tried.....rest easy. :tiphat:

Topic author
CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

Oldgringo wrote:You can lead sheep/horses to water but you can't make them drink. You've tried.....rest easy. :tiphat:
Thank you Oldgringo. My conscience is clear.

Topic author
CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

Those cases really opened my eyes when I first read them. Absolutely shocking. I have posted about it on my FB page and
It seems people don't want to talk about it. The only thing I can think of is that Im just in culture shock and have a fresh perspective on crime and how much things have changed, whereas my friends and family are numb to it. Maybe they're just used to the daily doses of insanity because it always happens to some stranger, or maybe I am just paranoid as they say.

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

Can anyone define "special relationship with police?"
http://gunrightsalert.com/documents/War ... A_2d_1.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pecos

Post by Pecos »

RPBrown wrote:Unfortunatly things have gotten that bad. Actually bad enough for my wife, who 10 years ago didn't like the idea that I had a gun in the house much less carry one, has had her CHL for 4 years now (up for her 1st renewal).

In the cities, even driving to the store can create hazzards with the amount of road rage that happens. Makes me want to move back to the country
RPBrown: It's just as bad in the country. I live in the middle of no where & had a stolen truck burned at our gate & human smugglers dump bumpers & stuff over our fence to make the vans lighter. Not too log ago the DPs Had helicoptors & 3 law enforsment agencys chasing eleagals across our property. Recently Mr. Shearer (Our neighbor) was murdered on a dirt road when he stopped offer help to a stranded motorist he was approched & shot & killed in the seat of his pickup. Our ranch was in the search for the suspect.
This just shows you, your not safe anywhere. We all have to protect our selves. Be our own first responders.
Sig AR 516 + Vortex PST Scope

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

I am walking a fine line with my wife, who feels like she is swamped with too many other tasks than to spend the soon-to-be four hours in a CHL class and learn to shoot. I walk around in something of an emotional hell every day because she seems very complacent about her personal safety and doesn't place a high priority on it. She is ordinarily vigilant on constitutional and other important matters, but she is lulled into a false sense of security because we live in "low-risk" Austin.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Redneck_Buddha,

You and I are almost share the same situation.

My wife has a CHL, but rarely carries, unless she's goes on long trip by herself. And then, she only carries in the car, not on her person.

If any of you ladies can suggest something more persuasive than I've been able to come up with - I'd be most grateful.

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Abraham wrote:Redneck_Buddha,

You and I are almost share the same situation.

My wife has a CHL, but rarely carries, unless she's goes on long trip by herself. And then, she only carries in the car, not on her person.

If any of you ladies can suggest something more persuasive than I've been able to come up with - I'd be most grateful.

:iagree:

Return to “Ladies”