India's first gun designed for women the Nirbheek

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
CHLLady
Posts in topic: 2

India's first gun designed for women the Nirbheek

Post by CHLLady »

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes ... s-revolver" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think it is a wonderful tribute to a young woman who lost her life after such an evil act. Had she had the ability to defend herself from such beasts, she may have had a chance. I do hope they promote strong gun training and empowerment for women in India who have long been severely mistreated by men (acid in the face etc) They also need to make a cheap but strong pepper spray that could be available to poor women for free, as most would not be able to afford the gun and license to carry.

I'd love to try out this lightweight revolver.

All women should have access to self defense tools that secure her own safety at whatever level she chooses. What a world it would be!
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 1

Re: India's first gun designed for women the Nirbheek

Post by Oldgringo »

:iagree:, and have the conviction to use those tools.

Texsquatch

Post by Texsquatch »

Yeah, if only the average Indian woman could afford one. I've been there, trust me, they're highest priority isn't purchasing a Handgun. For almost $2000,it will be another tool reserved only for the elite.

Topic author
CHLLady
Posts in topic: 2

Post by CHLLady »

Texsquatch wrote:Yeah, if only the average Indian woman could afford one. I've been there, trust me, they're highest priority isn't purchasing a Handgun. For almost $2000,it will be another tool reserved only for the elite.
True. I wonder if some clever person could come up with a homemade recipe for mace and use recycled spray bottles. They use a lot of spices in their cooking and are skilled with peppers, I'm sure they could do it.
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

CHLLady wrote:http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes ... s-revolver

I think it is a wonderful tribute to a young woman who lost her life after such an evil act. Had she had the ability to defend herself from such beasts, she may have had a chance. I do hope they promote strong gun training and empowerment for women in India who have long been severely mistreated by men (acid in the face etc) They also need to make a cheap but strong pepper spray that could be available to poor women for free, as most would not be able to afford the gun and license to carry.

I'd love to try out this lightweight revolver.

All women should have access to self defense tools that secure her own safety at whatever level she chooses. What a world it would be!

:thumbs2: :thumbs2: :thumbs2: :iagree:

EDIT: Although having been recently, everyone rich and poor seems to be hunting for every last scrap of gold. Guns are what people drain their money with here, gold over there in India.

Return to “Ladies”