Concealed carry purses from beenandbadge.com

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 1
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Concealed carry purses from beenandbadge.com

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/smal ... ndbags.ece

The above link is to an article by Kylie Gumpert of the Milwaukee, Wisconsin Journal Sentinel.
It appeared in the Dallas Morning Snooze on 8/17/14.

The bags are priced $259 to $354, but only $20 for the holsters.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

SewTexas

Re: Concealed carry purses from beenandbadge.com

Post by SewTexas »

it's a nice enough bag, but that's high $
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

SewTexas wrote:it's a nice enough bag, but that's high $
I have paid $170 for a holster that I have to wear concealed and can't show off in public.

I am not a purse aficionado, but I don't like it $365 worth.
NRA Endowment Member

redhead1220
Posts in topic: 2

Post by redhead1220 »

I purchased a concealed handgun purse at a gun show, and the brand is called "gun toting mamas". It's nice, but heavy BC carry a glock 23 gen 4, so she's a lil heavy with magazine and all, but the purse is ample size to carry that size pistol and comes with a holster already in the zippered compartment, with Velcro on both the holster and the whole back side of that compartment is Velcro, so it stays put. The best thing I like about it, is that the purse strap itself has a steel cable that runs through the length of the strap (no you can't see it)... But it defeats thieves purse snatching BC alot of times they'll just cut the strap of the purse from the lady and be done with it. But uh uh, they cannot with this one!!!! :nono:

redhead1220
Posts in topic: 2

Post by redhead1220 »

BTW, I'm a little bitty petite girl, so unless I'm wearing super baggy clothes, I can't wear it on my person. Frustrating. I need a lil .380 again, but just feel better with a bigger caliber, with 165 gr hollow points at that. Just way more stopping power. I'm a pretty precise aim, but still. Has anyone heard or know more about the new .380 curve that prints like a cell phone? I was interested when I saw it in guns and ammo magazine but haven't heard much about it.

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

redhead1220 wrote:BTW, I'm a little bitty petite girl, so unless I'm wearing super baggy clothes, I can't wear it on my person. Frustrating. I need a lil .380 again, but just feel better with a bigger caliber, with 165 gr hollow points at that. Just way more stopping power. I'm a pretty precise aim, but still. Has anyone heard or know more about the new .380 curve that prints like a cell phone? I was interested when I saw it in guns and ammo magazine but haven't heard much about it.
Welcome to the forum!

A bit has been posted about the Curve just recently: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=77027&p=973484&hilit=curve#p973061
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Hope they're making those straps out of ballistic material so they can't be cut. If I was a thief, I'd walk up behind her with a knife, cut that strap and be on my way in a heartbeat. The bag looks expensive, so I figure I'm going to get a haul. The handgun would be a bonus.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

jayinsat

Post by jayinsat »

redhead1220 wrote:BTW, I'm a little bitty petite girl, so unless I'm wearing super baggy clothes, I can't wear it on my person. Frustrating. I need a lil .380 again, but just feel better with a bigger caliber, with 165 gr hollow points at that. Just way more stopping power. I'm a pretty precise aim, but still. Has anyone heard or know more about the new .380 curve that prints like a cell phone? I was interested when I saw it in guns and ammo magazine but haven't heard much about it.
redhead1220: check out http://www.deneadams.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; concealed carry corset. That may be the exact thing for you.
After years of wearing her firearm on her hip as a federal agent, Kohler, 44, was looking for an option that would give her more versatility: a concealed carry handbag. So she created her own handbag company, Been & Badge, with handbag designer Jodi Been, who lives and works in Los Angeles.

“For me it’s second nature to carry a firearm,” said Kohler, a New York native who lives in Milwaukee. “I looked, and I couldn’t find something that was really ‘me.’”

She and Been, who met through mutual friends, began collaborating about a year and a half ago, communicating almost solely by video calls — comparing swatches of fabric and sharing thoughts on designs, then shipping materials and prototypes back and forth in the mail.
In my opinion, it's a step backwards to go from on-body carry to off-body carry in a purse.
Armed not dangerous but potentially lethal.
CHL Application mailed 10/2/12
Plastic in hand 11/16/12

TinaMiB

Post by TinaMiB »

redhead1220 wrote:I purchased a concealed handgun purse at a gun show, and the brand is called "gun toting mamas". It's nice, but heavy BC carry a glock 23 gen 4, so she's a lil heavy with magazine and all, but the purse is ample size to carry that size pistol and comes with a holster already in the zippered compartment, with Velcro on both the holster and the whole back side of that compartment is Velcro, so it stays put. The best thing I like about it, is that the purse strap itself has a steel cable that runs through the length of the strap (no you can't see it)...
I recently purchased a Crossbody Moonstruck Leather concealed purse at a gun show type of event. They also have a website. It doesn't have the heavy cable but it has a zippered pocket on the backside in the shape of a holster. I don't know how big the Glock 23 is but I have carried a XD Sub Compact Mod 2 in it (I did add a ring inside to hook to my Kydex trigger guard). With something smaller, I felt I could get a good grip but the Mod 2 was a little tight so I didn't want to take a chance without the trigger guard.
redhead1220 wrote:BTW, I'm a little bitty petite girl, so unless I'm wearing super baggy clothes, I can't wear it on my person. Frustrating. I need a lil .380 again,...
I wear and am a rep for Can Can Concealment. Have you tried one of their holsters? It holds your firearm tightly against your body under your clothes. Their classic will hold Sig938, XDs, or Sheild. The Big SheBang will hold larger pistols. If you are interested, contact me and I can help you with sizing and give you a discount code that will save you a little bit of change and the tax. They are out of Florida. I wear mine with a smaller 9mm pistol with pretty tight clothes (people are shocked if they find out I am carrying) and have one of their sport Classics that I use to run in. The other cool thing about them is they have multiple spots for holstering and multiple pockets for other things (e.g. CHL, cell, credit cards - I like to run while traveling).

Tina

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

jayinsat wrote:
redhead1220: check out http://www.deneadams.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; concealed carry corset. That may be the exact thing for you.
After years of wearing her firearm on her hip as a federal agent, Kohler, 44, was looking for an option that would give her more versatility: a concealed carry handbag. So she created her own handbag company, Been & Badge, with handbag designer Jodi Been, who lives and works in Los Angeles.

“For me it’s second nature to carry a firearm,” said Kohler, a New York native who lives in Milwaukee. “I looked, and I couldn’t find something that was really ‘me.’”

She and Been, who met through mutual friends, began collaborating about a year and a half ago, communicating almost solely by video calls — comparing swatches of fabric and sharing thoughts on designs, then shipping materials and prototypes back and forth in the mail.
In my opinion, it's a step backwards to go from on-body carry to off-body carry in a purse.
I'm in agreeance with this, when your weapon is in a purse it's not easy to get to, and easier to take away from you. Not to mention how many times in a day to you set your purse down? In the shopping buggy, beside you in a restaurant, etc. It just doesn't seem like responsible handling to me; to each her own, but it is just not a viable option for concealed carry in my opinion.
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

Return to “Ladies”