Is it just us?

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Is it just us?

Post by Jusme »

I am just wondering, why this forum, doesn't get more posts, from women?
Are we overly political? Do we present, an aura of toxic masculinity? Are there just not enough topics, that women can relate to? ( I know grammatically incorrect)
In the past year I have assisted in getting, Mrs. Jusme, my daughter, my sister in law, my mother in law, and a female cousin, of my wife, their LTC. None of them are interested in joining the forum. Some just say, that it's "not their thing", talking about "guns" is boring, "I don't get into politics that much", "I don't know enough about the laws, to feel like I can speak intelligently about them"
Despite my best efforts, they just shy away.

I know that we have female members, on the forum, but very few, post. Some post a few times, but then go silent.
I am just curious, if there were some changes, we could make, topics we could discuss, that would garner more interest, from our female LTC holders?

Please chime in, and don't worry about being critical. Most of us are married, and have developed pretty thick skin. :mrgreen: I
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Is it just us?

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

There is a women only section of the forum. I realize that is not what your asking but maybe you didn't know about it.

LOL... oh. I just noticed you posted it in the ladies forum.

narcissist
Posts in topic: 1

Post by narcissist »

My wife loves guns, hunting, fishing ect. She can even out shoot most men but as for the forum she has no interest in it.
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

mupepe

Post by mupepe »

It’s not just this forum. Most forums on the web are made up of an overwhelming majority of men.

03Lightningrocks

mupepe wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:21 pm It’s not just this forum. Most forums on the web are made up of an overwhelming majority of men.
I think it is true.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

mupepe wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:21 pm It’s not just this forum. Most forums on the web are made up of an overwhelming majority of men.
Most gun clubs in real life are also mostly male. Between these two things, it might be more of a surprise that we have enough active females to keep a women's section going than the lack of women in the overall forum is.
Steve Rothstein

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Years ago the "Ladies Only" area here was really "Ladies ONLY."
It is my memory and opinion that it was a LOT more active then than now. Men can post there but it has to be women topics.

My opinions and YMMV. :tiphat:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Topic author
Jusme

Post by Jusme »

I have noticed though, that we have women join the forum, post a couple of times, and then seem to disappear. I was just wondering, if it was a lack of interest, or if it were something, in the tone, or demeanor, of the men here, that was driving them away. I realize, that guns, shooting, hunting, etc, have been prominently, male dominated subjects, but with the increasing numbers of female LTC holders, it would seem that there would be more women participating in some of our discussions. But maybe, most women, are more inclined, as the sampling of my own family members indicate, to spend their spare time on other things.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

03Lightningrocks

longtooth wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:44 am Years ago the "Ladies Only" area here was really "Ladies ONLY."
It is my memory and opinion that it was a LOT more active then than now. Men can post there but it has to be women topics.

My opinions and YMMV. :tiphat:
Funny thing. I thought it was still ladies only until this post.

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

I'm one that used to post often, but have disappeared for great lengths of time. My apologies. Life gets in the way at times.

I do like to return and read the posts when I get a chance.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Does anyone remember, Hoi Polloi? She posted often and lengthy on subjects of interest to both men and women.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Venus Pax wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:09 pm I'm one that used to post often, but have disappeared for great lengths of time. My apologies. Life gets in the way at times.

Welcome back. Your thoughts on many issues were great reading.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Although my wife is a member here, she is very rarely on. Now, she likes to hunt, go to the range, and generally shooting sports of all types. But forums are not her bag unless it has to do with her crafts (that a whole 'nother story :mrgreen: ).
She spend more time on her craft sites in a day than I do no my gun sites in a week. However, she is retired and her crafts have now become a source of income for her to have play money with.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

RPBrown wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:16 am Although my wife is a member here, she is very rarely on. Now, she likes to hunt, go to the range, and generally shooting sports of all types. But forums are not her bag unless it has to do with her crafts (that a whole 'nother story :mrgreen: ).
She spend more time on her craft sites in a day than I do no my gun sites in a week. However, she is retired and her crafts have now become a source of income for her to have play money with.
My wife is a passionate quilter … wait … that is redundant. She shoots her Walther PPS M2 LE well, watches Active Self Protection, and is a forum member. She seldom posts but rather spend her keyboard time working on her on-line fabric/quilt store or viewing quilting videos.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

Liberty wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:10 am
Venus Pax wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:09 pm I'm one that used to post often, but have disappeared for great lengths of time. My apologies. Life gets in the way at times.

Welcome back. Your thoughts on many issues were great reading.
Thank you!
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Return to “Ladies”