Gun Show George R Brown CCW

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
zimmerdesignz
Posts in topic: 6

Gun Show George R Brown CCW

Post by zimmerdesignz »

I read there were problems with carrying in the past. The gun show is today. I really do not like leaving my gun in the car where it could be stolen. Anyone know the current state of carry at George R Brown Convention Center?
:tiphat:

Topic author
zimmerdesignz

Re: Gun Show George R Brown CCW

Post by zimmerdesignz »

Texas3006.com shows it is 30.07 but last update appears to be in 2014

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ScottDLS »

zimmerdesignz wrote:Texas3006.com shows it is 30.07 but last update appears to be in 2014
There was no such thing as 30.07 in 2014... :???:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Topic author
zimmerdesignz

Post by zimmerdesignz »

ScottDLS wrote:
zimmerdesignz wrote:Texas3006.com shows it is 30.07 but last update appears to be in 2014
There was no such thing as 30.07 in 2014... :???:
Thank you, I apparently have a reading comprehension problem this morning. It was 2016. All good.

338winmag

Post by 338winmag »

It's on government property. They can't stop you.

denwego

Post by denwego »

I went yesterday, carried concealed, all went well. They don't have 30.06 signs up, just 30.07; I have every confidence that they know both are unenforceable, but since there's no penalty for government entities posting 30.07, they're happy to throw them up.

C'est la vie!

rotor
Posts in topic: 5

Post by rotor »

338winmag wrote:It's on government property. They can't stop you.
Went to the Wichita Falls Gun and Knife show yesterday which is on City owned property and couldn't believe it was posted 30.06 and 30.07. The deputy sheriff people manning the entrance were actually part of the illegal act of keeping licensed people out of the show. I did not enter but apparently the deputies (I guess off duty) were requiring people to unload their guns and use one of those plastic ties to enter or put their guns in their cars. So we have LEO people illegally denying lawful entrance into a gun show on City of Wichita Falls property. Of course by the time any action can be taken the show will be over. Email to sheriff and city manager done. They lost my business at that gun show. Signs will be down on Monday as show will be over. Posted to Texas3006.com

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

rotor wrote:
Went to the Wichita Falls Gun and Knife show yesterday which is on City owned property and couldn't believe it was posted 30.06 and 30.07. The deputy sheriff people manning the entrance were actually part of the illegal act of keeping licensed people out of the show. I did not enter but apparently the deputies (I guess off duty) were requiring people to unload their guns and use one of those plastic ties to enter or put their guns in their cars. So we have LEO people illegally denying lawful entrance into a gun show on City of Wichita Falls property. Of course by the time any action can be taken the show will be over. Email to sheriff and city manager done. They lost my business at that gun show. Signs will be down on Monday as show will be over. Posted to Texas3006.com
Just out of curiosity...... was there anything keeping you from simply concealing your gun and walking right on in?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

rotor wrote:
Just because the signs are not up for three consecutive days does not mean that you cannot still file with the city and complain to the AG's office. It might take a while, but file it and I bet that the show in 3-4 months from now won't have a 30.06 sign.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

rotor
Posts in topic: 5

Post by rotor »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
rotor wrote:
Just out of curiosity...... was there anything keeping you from simply concealing your gun and walking right on in?
My gun was concealed but to be honest I did not want to risk the chance of being arrested even though I know I could beat the rap. I also had a discussion with the two deputies asking them how come the place was posted, etc. They did not seem knowledgeable about the laws of posting on government property but were very courteous and I figured that I would fight this through the City Manager and file an AG complaint if needed. Hopefully this type of posting will not happen again. Joe Tom White, who runs the gun show has not responded to my emails. Still waiting on the Sheriff and City Manager but it is the weekend.

bear94

Post by bear94 »

SAXET also posts both signs at the McAllen convention center when they come over which ironically is the only time I've ever seen one at the convention center. I'm guessing it's invalid even if they're renting the space?

Topic author
zimmerdesignz

Post by zimmerdesignz »

I spoke with the Officers at the booth at the entrance. I was told if I was concealed that was fine, but if I was taking it out for any reason it needed to be unloaded and tagged. He made sure by asking was there a chance I would need it out to buy any parts or accessories. So I am assuming the reasoning behind this is to prevent Negligent Discharges.

bcooper

Post by bcooper »

I've CC'd at both. The only thing I have seen is someone showing the officer they were carrying and he had to put a zip tie through it.

Topic author
zimmerdesignz

Post by zimmerdesignz »

bcooper wrote:I've CC'd at both. The only thing I have seen is someone showing the officer they were carrying and he had to put a zip tie through it.
Thats is what I was talking about. Open carry or if you would be taking it out of CC needed to be tagged (zip tied)

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

AJSully421 wrote:
rotor wrote:
Just because the signs are not up for three consecutive days does not mean that you cannot still file with the city and complain to the AG's office. It might take a while, but file it and I bet that the show in 3-4 months from now won't have a 30.06 sign.
:iagree: The violation is by the property owner, not the show operator. The property owner needs official notice by the AG that they are committing a crime by posting these illegal signs. Then if they allow the same property to be illegally posted again 6 months later, they should get a daily fine X 180 days (from the original AG ruling).

We really need to tighten this up in the next legislative session. This criminal act should be treated the same as any other criminal act. If a property owner instructed their employees to assault people as they walked in the door, the police would be called and the offenders would be arrested. I would like to see the same happen to anyone enforcing these illegal signs, especially if they are off duty LEO's who should know better.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”