Embarrassing incident

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Jeff B.
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Embarrassing incident

Post by Jeff B. »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:24 pm
TxRVer wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 5:39 pm This thread made me think. I ordered a console vault for my Ram 1500 this morning.
Now you need to order a Ford F150 for that console box and you will be all set. :mrgreen:
That was one of the first things I got when I got my new F150, although it’s not new anymore.

The other was one of the Tuffy steel boxes that fits under the back seats.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Jeff B. wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:47 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:24 pm
TxRVer wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 5:39 pm This thread made me think. I ordered a console vault for my Ram 1500 this morning.
Now you need to order a Ford F150 for that console box and you will be all set. :mrgreen:
That was one of the first things I got when I got my new F150, although it’s not new anymore.

The other was one of the Tuffy steel boxes that fits under the back seats.

Jeff B.
:txflag:

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

My Console Vault arrived today. Fit and finish are great, and installation couldn't be easier. I went with the three thumb wheel lock.
Charlie

Jeff B.
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jeff B. »

TxRVer wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:00 pm My Console Vault arrived today. Fit and finish are great, and installation couldn't be easier. I went with the three thumb wheel lock.
Sounds like a winner!

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

Topic author
bbhack
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bbhack »

Does anyone have a quick list of high quality gun vaults suitable for the car or truck? Not vehicle specific. Not having luck looking. I've only had the cheap ones.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

bbhack wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:08 pm Does anyone have a quick list of high quality gun vaults suitable for the car or truck? Not vehicle specific. Not having luck looking. I've only had the cheap ones.
Here's a list of car vaults. https://safetyhub.net/best-car-gun-safes/

Comprehensive list of truck vaults https://www.gunsafes.com/Truck-Vaults.html

consolevault.com is not the cheapest or the most expensive, but I was impressed with fit, finish, safety, and ease of installation. At least in my Ram.
Charlie

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

I have a preference for Tuffy Security Products as they support my 06 LJ (2 door TJ Unlimited) Wrangler, and I installed their Console Vault in my 2020 F150. With that said I understand that they also build a lot products for first responders.

https://www.tuffyproducts.com/
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Topic author
bbhack

Post by bbhack »

TxRVer G.A. Heath
Thanks.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

karder
Posts in topic: 1

Post by karder »

Glad you got your gun back! Or found it at least. That sounds like something I would do, so no judgments here.

I have looked at those console vaults and they look really nice. Great solution if you frequently have to disarm and leave you gun in the vehicle.
I very rarely have to do this. I took a couple of those gun safety locks that come with all the new pistols (that no one ever uses), and I put them around the seat floor bolt on both the driver and passenger side. In the rare event I have to leave a gun in the vehicle, I just lock it to the seat bolt and slip it under the seat. Not fool proof by any means, but a cheap solution to a problem I rarely encounter.
“While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” ― Samuel Adams

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”