Class near Ft Hood?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 3

Class near Ft Hood?

Post by RoyGBiv »

Online friend just moved to TX and is looking for a LTC class near the Fort Hood area. He's an experienced shooter, just needs the class and proficiency. Open to doing online if that's quicker or easier.

He's been trying to join here for a few months but that process is jammed up so I'm posting this for him.

Thanks!
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

AF-Odin
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Class near Ft Hood?

Post by AF-Odin »

He can contact The Gun Range (TGR) at 2401 South Fort Hood Street, 254-781-2166. LTC Classes almost every Saturday and several during the week classes each month. Saturday classes start at 0930 and during the week classes start at 1030. No minimum class size, if only one student registers, class will be taught. He can go online to register, just search for The Gun Range Killeen, TX. Cost is $85. Of the three primary LTC instructors, two are retired military and one is retired LE.

Online is OK, but face to face is better in my opinion in that questions can be answered more easily, and our instructors are familiar with military students and specifics regarding firearms on Fort Hood. Also, most online providers are charging $50 and range portion at TGR is $35 so no cost savings. For online students TGR does the range portion won Wednesday evenings, need to check schedule to see which Wednesday.
:tiphat:
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Topic author
RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Awesome. Thanks!

srothstein
Posts in topic: 1

Post by srothstein »

AF-Odin wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:41 pmOf the three primary LTC instructors, two are retired military and one is retired LE.
Just curious, but do you happen to know if the retired LE instructor is TCOLE certified as a firearms instructor? I need to qualify again for my retired LE ID card and the law/agency requires it to be from a TCOLE certified instructor. They accepted a retired LE last year and Killeen is a lot shorter drive for me than last year.
Steve Rothstein

AF-Odin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AF-Odin »

Not sure, but I will ask.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Topic author
RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

AF-Odin wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:41 pm He can contact The Gun Range (TGR) at 2401 South Fort Hood Street, 254-781-2166. LTC Classes almost every Saturday and several during the week classes each month. Saturday classes start at 0930 and during the week classes start at 1030. No minimum class size, if only one student registers, class will be taught. He can go online to register, just search for The Gun Range Killeen, TX. Cost is $85. Of the three primary LTC instructors, two are retired military and one is retired LE.

Online is OK, but face to face is better in my opinion in that questions can be answered more easily, and our instructors are familiar with military students and specifics regarding firearms on Fort Hood. Also, most online providers are charging $50 and range portion at TGR is $35 so no cost savings. For online students TGR does the range portion won Wednesday evenings, need to check schedule to see which Wednesday.
:tiphat:
Looks like this will work out well for him. Thanks again! :tiphat:

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”