Best Lawyer Quote Ever !!

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

DoubleJ
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Best Lawyer Quote Ever !!

Post by DoubleJ »

I am fairly certain that Joe Horn has a spine. if not, how was he able to stand and walk outside to shoot the aforementioned illegal property relocaters???
FWIW, IIRC, AFAIK, FTMP, IANAL. YMMV.

Mr.Scott

Post by Mr.Scott »

casingpoint wrote:Two people were shot in their backs because they needed killing? A man needs killing and you think you're the one ordained to do it, you look him in the eye when you pull the trigger on him. Otherwise, you're a low down, spineless murderer.There is a horde of people giving lip service to justify the Joe Horn shootings. How may could really look 'em in the eye and make that call? Even Joe will tell you now, don't do it.
I hope you don't actually have a CHL because you seem to be the type that would hesitate because you'd be more concerned about the attacker than yourself.
Start watching video of police officers getting killed. You'll see a pattern that the killer played non-chalant and passive right before they turn and shoot.
DIVIDED WE STAND, UNITED WE FALL

Liberty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Liberty »

Mr.Scott wrote:
I hope you don't actually have a CHL because you seem to be the type that would hesitate because you'd be more concerned about the attacker than yourself.
Start watching video of police officers getting killed. You'll see a pattern that the killer played non-chalant and passive right before they turn and shoot.
Everyone has the right to decide when it is proper to use deadly force. Its an individual choice when to use deadly force. most of those choices are neither right or wrong. I would not condemn Joe for using deadly force when he did. However could any of us condemn him morally if he walked away, or never went out in the first place?

I can think of several situations where I would hesitate and put my self at risk. I'd rather be killed myself than to be responsible for killing an an innocent human.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

LedJedi
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LedJedi »

Liberty wrote:
Mr.Scott wrote:
Everyone has the right to decide when it is proper to use deadly force. Its an individual choice when to use deadly force. most of those choices are neither right or wrong. I would not condemn Joe for using deadly force when he did. However could any of us condemn him morally if he walked away, or never went out in the first place?

I can think of several situations where I would hesitate and put my self at risk. I'd rather be killed myself than to be responsible for killing an an innocent human.
?

heh, just kidding. i know what you meant.

Will938

Post by Will938 »

casingpoint wrote:The attitude expressed in the quote stems from Texas law enforcement, and has resulted in many civil rights violations in Texas over the years. The one that stands out the most for me is the case of Jose Campos Torres. Now, Torres was no saint, with a rap sheet five city blocks long. HPD cops threw a handcuffed Torres into Buffalo Bayou in May 1977 obstensibly to see if he could swim. Torres failed the test and drowned instead.

What were they thinking? Probably that it was OK.
Speaking of, can anyone point me to a website detailing the thugish nature of HPD in the 70's-80's?

casingpoint
Posts in topic: 4

Post by casingpoint »

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”