Carry at the Moody Theater in Austin,TX

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
1911austin
Posts in topic: 4

Carry at the Moody Theater in Austin,TX

Post by 1911austin »

Does anyone know if the Moody Theater (Austin City Limits) in Austin has a 30.06 sign. I am taking my wife to a concert and would like to know if carry is okay.

Thomas

Re: Carry at the Moody Theater in Austin,TX

Post by Thomas »

http://texas3006.com/

No entries match for "moody" in "austin". If you see one, please add it to the database.

BTW, welcome to the forum :tiphat:

Topic author
1911austin

Post by 1911austin »

Thanks for the info and quick reply. I'll be sure to update the list if I run across a sign at the event.

NcongruNt

Post by NcongruNt »

Yeah, I'm going to Wilco with my wife tonight as well.

I couldn't find anything online, but it's a new venue. I guess we'll see tonight, eh?
NRA Member
TSRA Member
My Blog: All You Really Need

Topic author
1911austin

Post by 1911austin »

NcongruNt wrote:Yeah, I'm going to Wilco with my wife tonight as well.

I couldn't find anything online, but it's a new venue. I guess we'll see tonight, eh?

Wife and I will be see Joe Bonamassa on 12/2. It would be greatly appricated if you can post what you find out.

NcongruNt

Post by NcongruNt »

1911austin wrote:
NcongruNt wrote:Yeah, I'm going to Wilco with my wife tonight as well.

Wife and I will be see Joe Bonamassa on 12/2. It would be greatly appricated if you can post what you find out.
Not a sign in the place that I could find, 30.06 or 51% - and I went in and out twice. There *are* purse-searchers at the gate, but no checks aside from purses/bags (for cameras, they said). We had floor tickets, so I pocket-carried only (it gets crowded down there), but if you've got seats you should probably be good carrying whatever method is normal for you.
NRA Member
TSRA Member

Topic author
1911austin

Post by 1911austin »

NcongruNt, thanks for the info. I'll slip a little .380 or .357 in my pocket when I go tonight.

PUCKER
Posts in topic: 1

Post by PUCKER »

NcongruNt wrote: Not a sign in the place that I could find, 30.06 or 51% - and I went in and out twice. There *are* purse-searchers at the gate, but no checks aside from purses/bags (for cameras, they said). We had floor tickets, so I pocket-carried only (it gets crowded down there), but if you've got seats you should probably be good carrying whatever method is normal for you.
I just cannot help myself from posting this.....so did they confiscate all cell/smart phones? :roll: Not poking at you, of course. :tiphat:

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

1911austin wrote:NcongruNt, thanks for the info. I'll slip a little .380 or .357 in my pocket when I go tonight.
.357? Little!?
:shock:
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

NcongruNt

Post by NcongruNt »

PUCKER wrote:
NcongruNt wrote: Not a sign in the place that I could find, 30.06 or 51% - and I went in and out twice. There *are* purse-searchers at the gate, but no checks aside from purses/bags (for cameras, they said). We had floor tickets, so I pocket-carried only (it gets crowded down there), but if you've got seats you should probably be good carrying whatever method is normal for you.
I just cannot help myself from posting this.....so did they confiscate all cell/smart phones? :roll: Not poking at you, of course. :tiphat:
Nope. The "no cameras" rule seems awful silly in this day and age. A good half of the crowd probably had their iPhones up in the air taking pictures or video at some point in the show.
NRA Member
TSRA Member

NcongruNt

Post by NcongruNt »

Dragonfighter wrote:
1911austin wrote:NcongruNt, thanks for the info. I'll slip a little .380 or .357 in my pocket when I go tonight.
.357? Little!?
:shock:
http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/ ... rrorView_Y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://ruger.com/products/lcr/models.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://bondarms.com/bond-arms-guns/texas-defender" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (positively tiny - also comes in other hefty calibers like 10mm, .45 Colt, and 40 S&W)
NRA Member
TSRA Member

tornado
Posts in topic: 3

Post by tornado »

Texas3006.com now has an entry for Austin City Limits, last updated July 2012. It says "Unable to verify validity of 30.06 sign" "In Lobby - West Wall" and that the address is listed as RED at TABC. I confirmed the listing as current, but just like the entry says, "Unknown whether this is limited to a bar area as opposed to the entire facility."

I'll be there tonight and will post what I find out, but has anyone been there recently who can provide more info today?

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Mrs. Anygunanywhere and I saw Lyle Lovett there. I saw no 30.06 signs and I was looking.

I did not pack because I was consuming adult beverages.

Great venue.

I did have words with the threesome behind me (two women and one man) who would not shut up. I told them I paid to hear Lyle and not them. They left. I enjoyed the show.

Mrs Anygun told me she can't dress me up and take me anywhere.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

tornado

Post by tornado »

Thank you, sir. I'll take your September 2012 report over the July listing and guess they took the 30.06 sign down. I'll be avoiding the bar area entirely.

BTW, I'm opening for Willie tonight at the DKR Alzheimer's benefit.

They asked the UT Longhorn Alumni Band to play at the start. But that's not as fun to say as "I'm opening for Willie."

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

tornado wrote:Thank you, sir. I'll take your September 2012 report over the July listing and guess they took the 30.06 sign down. I'll be avoiding the bar area entirely.

BTW, I'm opening for Willie tonight at the DKR Alzheimer's benefit.

They asked the UT Longhorn Alumni Band to play at the start. But that's not as fun to say as "I'm opening for Willie."
The problem is the whole building may be 51%. There is no way to tell without seeing the diagram submitted to TABC or calling them to ask, but most times the license will be for the whole location, which throws the prohibition of carry on all of it, not just the bar area. :banghead:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”