What Would You Do?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 1

Re: What Would You Do?

Post by chasfm11 »

Another vote for Cinemark though it isn't a very strong vote. Maybe we go once a year to see something. Most of the movies that are being produced, IMHO, are not worth seeing anywhere. Disney has killed a lot of the stories that I might have previously wanted to see. I don't support Disney at all, ever.

There is hardly anyplace besides the Post Office that is prohibited location that I cannot find a way to work around. And I do. Buffalo Wild Wings, along with Sprouts Farmers Market and the other chronic posters are not going to get my business. I have to go to Whole Foods this week because they are now a return drop-off for Amazon. I'm happy that I don't have to pack up the product for return and unhappy that I have to go into a posted location. I'm not sure how I will handle that after September 1st but suspect that I won't have to ponder it. I'm sure that Whole Foods will put up the 30.05 sign, too. Target hasn't gone out of business because I haven't visited there in years but I will continue not going there. I have other reasons besides gun signs not to patronize some businesses.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ScottDLS »

chasfm11 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:49 am Another vote for Cinemark though it isn't a very strong vote. Maybe we go once a year to see something. Most of the movies that are being produced, IMHO, are not worth seeing anywhere. Disney has killed a lot of the stories that I might have previously wanted to see. I don't support Disney at all, ever.

There is hardly anyplace besides the Post Office that is prohibited location that I cannot find a way to work around. And I do. Buffalo Wild Wings, along with Sprouts Farmers Market and the other chronic posters are not going to get my business. I have to go to Whole Foods this week because they are now a return drop-off for Amazon. I'm happy that I don't have to pack up the product for return and unhappy that I have to go into a posted location. I'm not sure how I will handle that after September 1st but suspect that I won't have to ponder it. I'm sure that Whole Foods will put up the 30.05 sign, too. Target hasn't gone out of business because I haven't visited there in years but I will continue not going there. I have other reasons besides gun signs not to patronize some businesses.
My local Whole Foods has a strange non-compliant sign referencing the TABC Code and so forth, so I ignore it. The BWW's that I've gone to have non-compliant signs. I don't make a habit of going to places that post incorrectly, but if I need to for some reason, I carry there. The great thing for movies for me is that our local Cinepolis/Moviehouse & Eatery dine in theater only posts 30.07. Assuming they stay that way I'll go there to see movies. If they aren't showing the movies I want, which are fewer and fewer per your other points, then I won't go see them.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

Hopefully I'd have checked online before leaving and known they are 30.06 and undeserving of my money and not even gone. Otherwise turn around and go home/elsewhere that isn't undeserving. And unless they've got a metal detector they aren't really off limits to CC.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Oldgringo »

What is the 30.05 sign? I must have missed something.

cbunt1

Post by cbunt1 »

I'd just go on down to the drive-in in Garrett. No 30.05/6/7 signs, my own car, and much cheaper than the other theaters

Last I checked they were charging something like $8/head, and you get two movies. Most are first-run, the same movies in the regular theatre.

Best movie bargain anywhere near Dallas afaic.
American by birth, Texan by the grace of God!

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ScottDLS »

Oldgringo wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:06 pm What is the 30.05 sign? I must have missed something.
This is the new sign prescribed in the permitless carry law that takes effect Sept. 1. It is what needs to be posted by private property owners that wish to ban permitless carry on their property. Like the 30.06/7 for excluding licensed carry. To prevent all carry, you have to post all 3.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

Any movie I want to see is in my home, I stopped going to move theaters years ago. The more our society moves toward anarchy, the more I stay away from crowds and places I may encounter them.

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 2

Post by crazy2medic »

ScottDLS wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:36 pm
crazy2medic wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:54 pm Couple of years ago my daughter and grandchildren took me to see Jungle Book at the theater for Father's day, I was hoping it wouldn't be posted but it was! After doing some rapid soul searching and weighing the Pro's and Con decided that the lives and well being of my daughter and grandbabies outweighed the theaters need to make me defenseless, I CC past their signs stepped past the metal detector and went to see the movie
What theater has metal detectors? And are they manned?
Was a theater north Ft Worth, east of 35 but that's all I remember, no metal detectors weren't manned which is why I was able to go between the ones set up!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Caliber wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:18 am Let's say it's 9-1-2021 and you decide to go to an AMC theater to see a movie. You are carrying your firearm along with your LTC license. As you approach the theater door, you see the 30.06/30.07 sign, but not the 30.05 sign. Would you:

1. Go to your car and leave your LTC license in the car and then enter the theater with your firearm?
2. Go to your car and store your firearm in the car and then go see your movie?
3. Go back home and hope you can find a good movie on Netflix?
You left off #4: spend the money on ammo and a range trip instead.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Caliber wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:18 am Let's say it's 9-1-2021 and you decide to go to an AMC theater to see a movie. You are carrying your firearm along with your LTC license. As you approach the theater door, you see the 30.06/30.07 sign, but not the 30.05 sign. Would you:

1. Go to your car and leave your LTC license in the car and then enter the theater with your firearm?
2. Go to your car and store your firearm in the car and then go see your movie?
3. Go back home and hope you can find a good movie on Netflix?
None of the above. I'd go see the movie. I'd also tell my family that we need to look for a different theater in the future since this one doesn't respect people's civil rights.

Legally, I think I'm fine carrying past this sign even if I have my LTC on me. I am a VESP, and I also would not be carrying under the authority of my LTC at the time. Disclaimer - IANAL, and this is just my lay person's reading of the relevant laws.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Oldgringo »

ScottDLS wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:14 pm
Oldgringo wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:06 pm What is the 30.05 sign? I must have missed something.
This is the new sign prescribed in the permitless carry law that takes effect Sept. 1. It is what needs to be posted by private property owners that wish to ban permitless carry on their property. Like the 30.06/7 for excluding licensed carry. To prevent all carry, you have to post all 3.
Thank you! Good grief, what is this land of the free and the brave coming to?

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”