What Would You Do?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Caliber
Posts in topic: 1

What Would You Do?

Post by Caliber »

Let's say it's 9-1-2021 and you decide to go to an AMC theater to see a movie. You are carrying your firearm along with your LTC license. As you approach the theater door, you see the 30.06/30.07 sign, but not the 30.05 sign. Would you:

1. Go to your car and leave your LTC license in the car and then enter the theater with your firearm?
2. Go to your car and store your firearm in the car and then go see your movie?
3. Go back home and hope you can find a good movie on Netflix?

extremist

Re: What Would You Do?

Post by extremist »

Go to a Cinemark theatre. :hurry:
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

There has already been much debate and reasoned discussion on this topic elsewhere on this forum. However, until someone gets into some sort of situation, and gets arrested, and goes to court, it is difficult to say exactly how things will play out. Not the answer anyone wants, and likely an answer that some will say is flat wrong, but that's my opinion, and I'm sticking with it until events and facts say otherwise.

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

The theater management has already made their desires known that they do not want me or my money. I will go elsewhere. Would not want to buy into the hassle of debating the finer points of law with some adolescent theater manager and/or the local LE.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

extremist wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:41 am Go to a Cinemark theatre. :hurry:
This one! :iagree:

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ScottDLS »

Caliber wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:18 am Let's say it's 9-1-2021 and you decide to go to an AMC theater to see a movie. You are carrying your firearm along with your LTC license. As you approach the theater door, you see the 30.06/30.07 sign, but not the 30.05 sign. Would you:

1. Go to your car and leave your LTC license in the car and then enter the theater with your firearm?
2. Go to your car and store your firearm in the car and then go see your movie?
3. Go back home and hope you can find a good movie on Netflix?
#4. Walk into the theater with my handgun and my LTC in my wallet.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Couple of years ago my daughter and grandchildren took me to see Jungle Book at the theater for Father's day, I was hoping it wouldn't be posted but it was! After doing some rapid soul searching and weighing the Pro's and Con decided that the lives and well being of my daughter and grandbabies outweighed the theaters need to make me defenseless, I CC past their signs stepped past the metal detector and went to see the movie
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ScottDLS »

crazy2medic wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:54 pm Couple of years ago my daughter and grandchildren took me to see Jungle Book at the theater for Father's day, I was hoping it wouldn't be posted but it was! After doing some rapid soul searching and weighing the Pro's and Con decided that the lives and well being of my daughter and grandbabies outweighed the theaters need to make me defenseless, I CC past their signs stepped past the metal detector and went to see the movie
What theater has metal detectors? And are they manned?
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

AndyC1911

Post by AndyC1911 »

AF-Odin wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:20 pm The theater management has already made their desires known that they do not want me or my money. I will go elsewhere.
Same reason I've never gone into a Buffalo Wild Wings.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Oldgringo »

Stay home? Why go to the picture show if you have TV and/or a disc player?

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

Oldgringo wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:39 pm Stay home? Why go to the picture show if you have TV and/or a disc player?
And, Netflix, Hulu, and Prime. More rarely, Redbox. The wife and I haven't been to a theater in 3 years. We've got a 70" 4K TV with a sound system. No kids kicking the back of my chair. No $30.00 for popcorn and drinks. I can pause it if I need a bathroom break or rewind it if I missed some dialogue. OK, I might have to wait a few months for the latest. I can live with that. And my house isn't posted.

E10

Post by E10 »

I don’t go to movie theaters. They’re way too expensive, both the movie and the concession. If there’s something I want to see, I can wait ‘til it’s available free.
Our BWW isn’t posted.

cirus

Post by cirus »

#3. People just ruin the experience of watching a movie. If I want to be around bottom feeders and white trash hill billys ill go to Wal Mart.

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

I cant stay awake at a movie theater. Also dont like any of the liberal actors. I rather keep my money in my pocket than give it to the Woke.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Take Down Sicko wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:11 am I cant stay awake at a movie theater.
LOL... that is the same problem I have. I am lucky to make it fifteen minutes into the movie.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”