BLM protest in Lexington,Tx tomorrow

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
FL450
Posts in topic: 3

BLM protest in Lexington,Tx tomorrow

Post by FL450 »

Not sure of details but BLM protesting some organization tomorrow(Sat 7/10)
Maybe someone can elaborate
I love the sound smell of jet fuel in the morning.
Fat thumbs + IPhone = errors, please forgive.

Topic author
FL450

Re: BLM protest in Lexington,Tx tomorrow

Post by FL450 »

A reply from a FB group I belong to:

White Lives Matter. From what I understand, it's basically just the KKK stirring up stuff under the guise of a peaceful rally.

Kind of like a 6 year old putting his finger an 1/8" away from his sisters face in the back seat on a long road trip. Technically not doing anything, but knowing it will cause a reaction.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Post by anygunanywhere »

Maybe they are jonesin' for some Snow's BBQ.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

anygunanywhere wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:21 am Maybe they are jonesin' for some Snow's BBQ.
Great BBQ and also a block away is 40 Acre Wood, a great used book store. Heidi, the owner, is great to talk books with.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Topic author
FL450

Post by FL450 »

LDB415 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:34 am
anygunanywhere wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:21 am Maybe they are jonesin' for some Snow's BBQ.
Great BBQ and also a block away is 40 Acre Wood, a great used book store. Heidi, the owner, is great to talk books with.
My post came from my Texas BBQ FB page where someone posted that Snows announced they are closed today due to the announced protest. There will be some very disappointed folks who did not get the message

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

I’ll get out front with this… I’m not a fan of BLM, CRT or any of the rest of that Marxist/Communist inspired horse stuff.

But, throwing a demonstration or gathering or whatever you’d like to call it with the goal of goading a reaction isn’t something I’m onboard with either.

We have enough tension and anger boiling just below the surface of today’s society without instigating conflict.

And, the folks @ Snows are closing to avoid the nonsense. Somebody will be deprived of a BBQ dinner because of these folks, which is really a serious matter!

😉

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

Lena

Post by Lena »

All they do is create a racial split more so especially with me I would avoid them at all costs if possible, they attempted a march here a few months back and were met with with all the law enforcement we have and told they if any laws broken would go to jail on every charge they decided to just disperse and leave, even citizens volunteering to assist LE on this noticed, we even had the paramedics and firemen onsite. We do not tolerate this well unless peaceful done. I guess they did not trust themselves that well. Even the K9 units were present from city and county.
Stay Safe

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Unfortunately the gas has been poured and the match has been lit, just a matter of time before one is tossed into the other, everybody needs to play the quiet game for awhile!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

TxRVer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TxRVer »

Did anything happen in Lexington, yesterday?
Charlie

DEB

Post by DEB »

FL450 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:09 am A reply from a FB group I belong to:

White Lives Matter. From what I understand, it's basically just the KKK stirring up stuff under the guise of a peaceful rally.

Kind of like a 6 year old putting his finger an 1/8" away from his sisters face in the back seat on a long road trip. Technically not doing anything, but knowing it will cause a reaction.
So folks saying "White Lives Matter", are Klan? I know that is what the Southern Poverty Law center states, but I personally don't think there is that much Klan in Texas. I think that when folks attribute a reaction to those supporting racism towards Whites, to the "Klan", that is giving the Klan a whole lot of undeserved cred. Just my thoughts though.
I personally won't go to any protest, including if Concord against the British kicked off again. I might join a movement later, but at my age and abilities, probably would be viewed as a spy trying to destroy from within and be viewed with hostility for sure. As I can eat and sleep on my own, but someone would have to dig my foxhole for me, stand roving patrol for me and etc. Might have to put in for Chaplain, static only of course.
I had to pick Concord, Massachusetts, instead of Lexington as someone might see me as supporting the Klan, just due to two towns with the same name. Although the Revolutionary War, is now viewed as Racist by those same peaceful, nonracist BLM folks. Aw well, the only thing that I will miss later is my dream of having a peaceful retirement of traveling and enjoying my twilight years. Take care all and remember words matter now more than ever.
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

Looks like it was a big bag of nothing.... :tiphat:

https://www.rockdalereporter.com/breaki ... gton-rally

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

PUCKER wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:38 am Looks like it was a big bag of nothing.... :tiphat:

Could have been a real life version of trolling, maybe.

TxRVer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TxRVer »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:46 am
PUCKER wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:38 am Looks like it was a big bag of nothing.... :tiphat:

Could have been a real life version of trolling, maybe.
Maybe they heard that Snows was going to be closed. Why else would they plan a noon event?
Charlie

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”