Desoto Police are doing a gun buy this Saturday

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Tex1961
Posts in topic: 3

Desoto Police are doing a gun buy this Saturday

Post by Tex1961 »

To all you enterprising folks out there... I just heard on the News that Desoto Police are doing a gun buyback (I know, they never owned them). I think they are giving a $100.00 Walmart gift card.. Some of you who live in the area should go by and see if you can pick up some good deals... It's going to be at one of the Fire Stations in town...

https://www.fox4news.com/news/desoto-of ... nused-guns
Last edited by Tex1961 on Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Desoto Police are doing a gun buy this Saturday

Post by C-dub »

We just saw that on the news and I was wondering if anyone will do just that. I said we'll wait and watch the news on Saturday night to find out.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

It sure is tempting.

Jose_in_Dallas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

Think they will take a rusted out, single shot, .22 LR bolt action rifle?

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Tex1961 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:37 pm To all you enterprising folks out there... I just heard on the News that Desoto Police are doing a gun buyback (I know, they never owned them). I think they are giving a $100.00 Walmart gift card.. Some of you who live in the area should go by and see if you can pick up some good deals... It's going to be at one of the Fire Stations in town...

Oh you intercept the people on the way and out bid them. Wow smart as long as they don't arrest you for something.

Topic author
Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

philip964 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:00 pm
Tex1961 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:37 pm To all you enterprising folks out there... I just heard on the News that Desoto Police are doing a gun buyback (I know, they never owned them). I think they are giving a $100.00 Walmart gift card.. Some of you who live in the area should go by and see if you can pick up some good deals... It's going to be at one of the Fire Stations in town...

Oh you intercept the people on the way and out bid them. Wow smart as long as they don't arrest you for something.
Just stand on a public sidewalk and your fine.

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

I would consider going, but it's DeSoto. I don't want to wind up with a stolen gun, or one used in a murder. Besides, it's in Dallas County.
Charlie

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

TxRVer wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:22 am I would consider going, but it's DeSoto. I don't want to wind up with a stolen gun, or one used in a murder. Besides, it's in Dallas County.
:iagree:

The big draw of these things is the whole "no questions asked" part. I'd think the odds of getting a gun with a history are alot higher than normal at this event.

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

I was maybe the third person in line this morning. Probably no way anyone would have been able to offer money to anyone for their guns as everybody stayed in their vehicles and the line was moving quickly, I was probably in and out in 5 minutes. One of the officers joked with me that I was getting a really good deal out of this as he looked over my rusted out, single shot, bolt action .22 LR rifle :mrgreen:

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

Jose_in_Dallas wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:45 pm I was maybe the third person in line this morning. Probably no way anyone would have been able to offer money to anyone for their guns as everybody stayed in their vehicles and the line was moving quickly, I was probably in and out in 5 minutes. One of the officers joked with me that I was getting a really good deal out of this as he looked over my rusted out, single shot, bolt action .22 LR rifle :mrgreen:
Good for you.
Charlie

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

I have two old single shot dinosaurs shot guns i could have gotten rid of if i lived near Desoto.

TexDotCom

Post by TexDotCom »

Results and a nice little quote from the City of De Soto about this event at wfaa.com:

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local ... 3fea319bd7

flechero

Post by flechero »

"Well over 200 weapons out of someone’s house and out of commission," the city said in a Facebook post. "That’s more than 200 weapons that a thief won’t get their hands on and a kid won’t accidentally fire off. Thanks all for doing the right thing."
:banghead:

Apparently, owning guns = you are bad. :headscratch

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”