Blood in the Street Day Today

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 2

Blood in the Street Day Today

Post by ScottDLS »

Permitless carry starts today. Already I have heard bullets whizzing past my car and house. Several people were shot in WalMart today because the greeter suggested that they wear a drugstore mask. Millions of people who never handled a gun before got up today and decided to carry one in public and we are all now in danger because they were not required to get a LTC.

Oh, never mind, none of that is happening. :yawn

I haven't seen an accidental discharge yet. I did see a car "negligent" on my way to the coffee shop though.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

KC5AV
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Blood in the Street Day Today

Post by KC5AV »

My local paper posted a news article today about a shooting that happened down the street from an elementary school yesterday.

Sure enough, the end of the story, we get this little bit
While McFarland, who also serves as president for the nonprofit Marshall Against Violence, is glad to see the suspects arrested she is also concerned that shooting may become more frequent after Sept. 1 when permitless carry goes into effect across the state.

“I really hope this isn’t going to become the norm. What is it going to look like?” she said. “It’s really frustrating to know they have no concern for life. Why do we have to resolve our issues with gunfire?

“My kids can’t even have recess without us worrying about it.”
NRA lifetime member

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 3

Post by chasfm11 »

“I really hope this isn’t going to become the norm. What is it going to look like?” she said. “It’s really frustrating to know they have no concern for life. Why do we have to resolve our issues with gunfire?

News flash: A large percentage of the U.S. population (those trapped in our major cities), live this way every day, not just at recess.

News flash: your "they" and my "they are very different groups. I'm certain that your "they" is law abiding people who want to protect themselves. My "they" is a very small percentage of gang members, thugs, and criminals to whom the city streets have been abandoned. The gun laws that are vigorously prosecuted against the rest of us are seldom used against "they".

Newsflash: Your "they" respects human life in spite of your your accusations to the contrary. My "they" is trying to survive in a lawless society and will do anything to anybody in the process. They have been shown no respect (in their minds) and they respond in kind.

Newsflash: September 1st will be an uneventful day in Texas as far as Constitutional Carry goes.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

chasfm11 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:04 pm “I really hope this isn’t going to become the norm. What is it going to look like?” she said. “It’s really frustrating to know they have no concern for life. Why do we have to resolve our issues with gunfire?

News flash: A large percentage of the U.S. population (those trapped in our major cities), live this way every day, not just at recess.

News flash: your "they" and my "they are very different groups. I'm certain that your "they" is law abiding people who want to protect themselves. My "they" is a very small percentage of gang members, thugs, and criminals to whom the city streets have been abandoned. The gun laws that are vigorously prosecuted against the rest of us are seldom used against "they".

Newsflash: Your "they" respects human life in spite of your your accusations to the contrary. My "they" is trying to survive in a lawless society and will do anything to anybody in the process. They have been shown no respect (in their minds) and they respond in kind.

Newsflash: September 1st will be an uneventful day in Texas as far as Constitutional Carry goes.
:txflag:

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

chasfm11 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:04 pm “I really hope this isn’t going to become the norm. What is it going to look like?” she said. “It’s really frustrating to know they have no concern for life. Why do we have to resolve our issues with gunfire?

Roger that, sums up what I was thinking when I read that mess from that newspaper.

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

I can definitively state that blood was spilled because of HB1927. I know this because I got a papercut while taking down the no longer required TABC blue signs at work. Bled for about 30 seconds, still hurts nearly a day later.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

While I agree no major event will occur with permitless carry, I am concerned about people that are ignorant of the law getting caught carrying where prohibited, and the news media creating a circus out of it. Just watch the Corrupt News Network.

I am also concerned about people that have no firearms training carrying and experiencing negligent discharges because they put their booger hook on the bank switch when they were not meaning to fire the gun, did not treat the gun as being always loaded, not aware of what is behind their target, etc. You get the idea.

People that carry a gun have a responsibility and I fear for the irresponsible people and the people that may get hurt.

Consider this Moron firing celebratory gunfire near a school: https://news.yahoo.com/tennessee-gender ... 42401.html
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

flechero

Post by flechero »

A few things I think people miss in this situation.

A number of people who might const. carry, already carry in the car. I doubt there are that many people so motivated to carry that a $75 savings suddenly makes them decide to carry.

And most who will start carrying are current gun owners... go to the range occasionally, etc.

And lastly, (no offense to the instructors) but most of us thought the gun handling & safety portion of the chl classes was extremely basic. (not enough) I think that sentiment applies to the rest of the gun owning population. Sure some people are idiots, but many aren't. Probably a similar percentage to those who have a chl/ltc.

Remember, the same assumptions on CNN and in this thread were made of you and I prior to our getting a CHL. ;-)

OneGun wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:06 am Consider this Moron firing celebratory gunfire near a school: https://news.yahoo.com/tennessee-gender ... 42401.html
Moron for sure but he was at home and in TN - not related to const. Carry.... for all we know he could have been a CHL or a LEO as well.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Was there any gunfights in the street at High Noon today? Democrats.said we'd have gun fights, still nothing? Wow how wrong can the Dems be, they'll lose all credibility!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

03Lightningrocks

flechero wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:22 am A few things I think people miss in this situation.

A number of people who might const. carry, already carry in the car. I doubt there are that many people so motivated to carry that a $75 savings suddenly makes them decide to carry.

And most who will start carrying are current gun owners... go to the range occasionally, etc.

And lastly, (no offense to the instructors) but most of us thought the gun handling & safety portion of the chl classes was extremely basic. (not enough) I think that sentiment applies to the rest of the gun owning population. Sure some people are idiots, but many aren't. Probably a similar percentage to those who have a chl/ltc.

Remember, the same assumptions on CNN and in this thread were made of you and I prior to our getting a CHL. ;-)

OneGun wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:06 am Consider this Moron firing celebratory gunfire near a school: https://news.yahoo.com/tennessee-gender ... 42401.html
Moron for sure but he was at home and in TN - not related to const. Carry.... for all we know he could have been a CHL or a LEO as well.
I can tell you there are some LTC holders who fancy themselves more deserving of the second amendment than non LTC holders. I picked up on this years ago. Mostly due to this forum.

03Lightningrocks

crazy2medic wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:02 pm Was there any gunfights in the street at High Noon today? Democrats.said we'd have gun fights, still nothing? Wow how wrong can the Dems be, they'll lose all credibility!
Back in 96-97 when CHL was first approved in Texas, the anti crowd used the same tired arguments against concealed carry permits. Blood in the streets! People having gun fights over grocery lines! Suddenly everyone was going to become completely void of any sense of right and wrong! It was ridiculous. And of course, nothing ever happened.

allisji

Post by allisji »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:04 pm
flechero wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:22 am A few things I think people miss in this situation.

I can tell you there are some LTC holders who fancy themselves more deserving of the second amendment than non LTC holders. I picked up on this years ago. Mostly due to this forum.
There are some LTC holders who fancy themselves more deserving of the second amendment than other LTC holders, too. Regardless this forum is still a terrific community and a great resource
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

03Lightningrocks

allisji wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:46 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:04 pm

There are some LTC holders who fancy themselves more deserving of the second amendment than other LTC holders, too. Regardless this forum is still a terrific community and a great resource
You are correct, there definitely are. Nothing in the second amendment suggest that training is required to exercise that right. No need to defend the forum. Nobody insulted it.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

G.A. Heath wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:38 am I can definitively state that blood was spilled because of HB1927. I know this because I got a papercut while taking down the no longer required TABC blue signs at work. Bled for about 30 seconds, still hurts nearly a day later.
I commend your sacrifice! :mrgreen:

But seriously, given how many 51% signs are posted at businesses that are not currently (and in many cases never were) red permit locations, I have a real gloomy opinion on how many businesses will actually remove their Blue signs, and how many of the permit less carry newbies know that Blue signs are now meaningless.
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

So day 3 is behind us. What’s the death toll up to so far?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”