Anyone Seen a 3005 Sign?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

eyedoc
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Anyone Seen a 3005 Sign?

Post by eyedoc »

U of H has one on a portable plastic signs at their entrance on Elgin street. It is impossible to read it from your car.

jmorris
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jmorris »

ScottDLS wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:42 pm
snapcap45 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:03 pm The HEB I shop at on Research Blvd in Northwest Austin used to have 30.07 signs on their two front doors. A couple days after Constitutional Carry started they updated the signs on their doors to the new 30.05 unlicensed carry signs.
Did they keep the 30.07? If not you could theoretically open carry in there with a license though I'm pretty sure they'd verbally notify you not to.
Ours in Schertz still has the 30.07 with the English/Spanish versions split between the two doors, at the bottom. The 30.05 is at the top of the left door, and is larger. It's also in black letters while everything else is white which makes it more noticeable to me.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

I noticed some changes to signage at the Lewisville Walmart. The blue TABC sign is gone. To the left of the sliding glass door was a pair of signs that did not have 1" letters. The one in Spanish was totally blocked by a trash can. The one on the right read as follows: NOTICE It is unlawful for a person to carry a weapon on the premises unless the weapon is a handgun the person is licensed to carry under Subchapter H , Chapter 411 Government Code.

While management's intent is pretty clear to me, I believe this situation could certainly give the lawyers more to argue about.
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

longtooth
Posts in topic: 3

Post by longtooth »

jmorris wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:06 pm
ScottDLS wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:42 pm
snapcap45 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:03 pm The HEB I shop at on Research Blvd in Northwest Austin used to have 30.07 signs on their two front doors. A couple days after Constitutional Carry started they updated the signs on their doors to the new 30.05 unlicensed carry signs.
Did they keep the 30.07? If not you could theoretically open carry in there with a license though I'm pretty sure they'd verbally notify you not to.
Ours in Schertz still has the 30.07 with the English/Spanish versions split between the two doors, at the bottom. The 30.05 is at the top of the left door, and is larger. It's also in black letters while everything else is white which makes it more noticeable to me.
This will make me drive to our HEB. It is way out of my way so I am not there much. I Open Carry all the time unless absolutely have to cover. HEB is the only grocery store in Angelina County or Nacogdoches county that I know of that is posted .07 so I don't go there anyway. I will make the trip to see.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 7

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

It sure sounds like HEB is anti 2nd amendment. We have one opening in Plano soon. I will be skipping a visit to that grocery store.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:52 am It sure sounds like HEB is anti 2nd amendment. We have one opening in Plano soon. I will be skipping a visit to that grocery store.
If they were anti 2nd amendment, they would post a 30.07 sign also. I think they a just "Karen" appeasers.

There are a couple of restraunts that I won't go to because of their Dress code. I hate wearing neckties. I won't go to nudist camps or beaches either. I don't care for their dress codes.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

03Lightningrocks

Liberty wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:16 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:52 am It sure sounds like HEB is anti 2nd amendment. We have one opening in Plano soon. I will be skipping a visit to that grocery store.
If they were anti 2nd amendment, they would post a 30.07 sign also. I think they a just "Karen" appeasers.

There are a couple of restraunts that I won't go to because of their Dress code. I hate wearing neckties. I won't go to nudist camps or beaches either. I don't care for their dress codes.
No. they are anti gun. No getting around it. "Karen" has no clue what 30.05 means. None what so ever. "Karen" does not even read those signs. Claiming one is against constitutional carry IS anti second amendment. Whether they are honest with themselves or not. The second amendment has NO provision for special approval from the government.

Blackhorse1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Blackhorse1 »

If they(HEB) were FOR. (2ND. AMENDMENT) they wouldn't even have a sign either way. That's not saying the workers all agree either way, but Headquarters speaks for them. 😎
:txflag: likes: burning rubber and screaming women

03Lightningrocks

Blackhorse1 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:03 am If they(HEB) were FOR. (2ND. AMENDMENT) they wouldn't even have a sign either way. That's not saying the workers all agree either way, but Headquarters speaks for them. 😎
Exactly!!! :iagree:

flechero

Post by flechero »

They are FOR staying in business.
Really? asking people not to OC since 90% (probably more) of their customers aren't LTC is now anti 2A? I'd call it a calculated business decision to include us. HEB has NEVER been against concealed carry. (that from a long time employee) As a business which needs both pro & anti 2a people to stay a profitable business, they need to appease both sides... allowing concealed has long been considered gun friendly.

Every anti 2A place I know of, already had 06/07 signage.

I'm curious as to which major grocery chains in your area allow OC? licensed or not. :tiphat:

Blackhorse1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Blackhorse1 »

Last time I checked Tom Thumbs in grand prairie doesn't have any signs. Haven't been there in about 2 weeks though. I usually open carry in there. But of coarse they wouldn't know if you're carrying concealed. They don't frisk you down. HEB wouldn't know either if you are unless you wanna play stupid games. Wanna bet 2A people still go into an area that's marked 30.06? Dumb but it happens.😎
:txflag: likes: burning rubber and screaming women

cyphertext
Posts in topic: 23

Post by cyphertext »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:41 am

No. they are anti gun. No getting around it. "Karen" has no clue what 30.05 means. None what so ever. "Karen" does not even read those signs. Claiming one is against constitutional carry IS anti second amendment. Whether they are honest with themselves or not. The second amendment has NO provision for special approval from the government.
You are correct that Karen may not know what the signs mean or even read the signs... But what HEB knows about Karen is that she freaks out at the sight of a firearm. HEB isn't in the gun business, they want to sell groceries to Karen so they ask their customers who carry firearms to just keep them concealed. But, with the new unlicensed carry, they don't have a way to post a sign to restrict open carry only, so they post the legal sign. If they were an anti gun company, they would post all the signs to keep all firearms, licensed or unlicensed out. See Zales Jewelers and Kay Jewelers for example.

03Lightningrocks

cyphertext wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:50 am

You are correct that Karen may not know what the signs mean or even read the signs... But what HEB knows about Karen is that she freaks out at the sight of a firearm. HEB isn't in the gun business, they want to sell groceries to Karen so they ask their customers who carry firearms to just keep them concealed. But, with the new unlicensed carry, they don't have a way to post a sign to restrict open carry only, so they post the legal sign. If they were an anti gun company, they would post all the signs to keep all firearms, licensed or unlicensed out. See Zales Jewelers and Kay Jewelers for example.
Do that have this opinion listed somewhere in their policies or is this just conjecture on your part?

cyphertext
Posts in topic: 23

Post by cyphertext »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:11 am
cyphertext wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:50 am

Do that have this opinion listed somewhere in their policies or is this just conjecture on your part?
A simple check of texas3006.com will confirm that HEB regularly posts 30.07 signs, but not 30.06.

longtooth
Posts in topic: 3

Post by longtooth »

flechero wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:13 am They are FOR staying in business.
Really? asking people not to OC since 90% (probably more) of their customers aren't LTC is now anti 2A? I'd call it a calculated business decision to include us. HEB has NEVER been against concealed carry. (that from a long time employee) As a business which needs both pro & anti 2a people to stay a profitable business, they need to appease both sides... allowing concealed has long been considered gun friendly.

Every anti 2A place I know of, already had 06/07 signage.

I'm curious as to which major grocery chains in your area allow OC? licensed or not. :tiphat:
Brookshire Brothers, Walmart, and HEB are all we have in Lufkin. No Mom & Pop corner grocery at all. Dollar stores and Quick Stops from there.
HEB is the only one posted at all. 30.07 is all I have seen but don't go there and want to see about this 30.05 business.
Brookshire Brothers, Walmart, all Dollar general stores, Hobby Lobby, I have carried open in them w/o a bobble. We don't eat out but I don't know of a restaurant in Lufkin that is posted at all. Pilot, Loves, truck stops are OC friendly. I only know of one quick stop that is 30.07.
Furniture stores, Feed stores, Tractor Supply, Hardware Stores, Tire Stores, LOWES and Home Depot all I have every been in = no signs and OC friendly. I only know of one bank here that is 30.07.
I open carry in mine. Angelina County is as things ought to be.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”