CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 7

Report – 101 Officers Shot in Line of Duty This Year: ‘A Real Crisis’

Post by Paladin »

Report – 101 Officers Shot in Line of Duty This Year: ‘A Real Crisis’
It is a 43 percent increase compared to the number of officers who were shot at the same time last year and a 63 percent rise compared to the year before, Fox News reported Saturday...

“We are in the midst of a real crisis. The violence directed at law enforcement officers is unlike anything I’ve seen in my 36 years of law enforcement,” National FOP President Patrick Yoes stated.

...Rev. Franklin Graham criticized radical attorneys general and prosecutors following attacks and killings of officers across the nation, the outlet reported in January.

Graham wrote in a social media post that “prosecutors and attorneys general are allowing hardened criminals to commit crimes and walk back out onto the streets, sometimes within hours.”
Even though the certain psychotic individuals in the White House like to pretend this is all in our imagination... The effect the Soro's DAs are having is very real and is affecting us all.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Report – 101 Officers Shot in Line of Duty This Year: ‘A Real Crisis’

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Paladin wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:53 pm Report – 101 Officers Shot in Line of Duty This Year: ‘A Real Crisis’
It is a 43 percent increase compared to the number of officers who were shot at the same time last year and a 63 percent rise compared to the year before, Fox News reported Saturday...

“We are in the midst of a real crisis. The violence directed at law enforcement officers is unlike anything I’ve seen in my 36 years of law enforcement,” National FOP President Patrick Yoes stated.

...Rev. Franklin Graham criticized radical attorneys general and prosecutors following attacks and killings of officers across the nation, the outlet reported in January.

Graham wrote in a social media post that “prosecutors and attorneys general are allowing hardened criminals to commit crimes and walk back out onto the streets, sometimes within hours.”
Even though the certain psychotic individuals in the White House like to pretend this is all in our imagination... The effect the Soro's DAs are having is very real and is affecting us all.
I would like to see it broke down by city. I have a hunch it is happening in cities run by Democrats. I would almost bet Houston and Dallas lead the pack in Texas. Both run by Democrats. Both are cities that refuse to keep criminals locked up.

srothstein
Posts in topic: 1

Post by srothstein »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:32 pm
Paladin wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:53 pm Report – 101 Officers Shot in Line of Duty This Year: ‘A Real Crisis’

I would like to see it broke down by city. I have a hunch it is happening in cities run by Democrats. I would almost bet Houston and Dallas lead the pack in Texas. Both run by Democrats. Both are cities that refuse to keep criminals locked up.
Be careful of assigning causation to a correlation. Both also lead the state in size and population density.

I think it is the Democratic DA and judges policies, but I admit it is my opinion and not a proven conclusion yet. It would really help if we had a Republican run city of that size to make a fair comparison.
Steve Rothstein

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

srothstein wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:52 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:32 pm

Be careful of assigning causation to a correlation. Both also lead the state in size and population density.

I think it is the Democratic DA and judges policies, but I admit it is my opinion and not a proven conclusion yet. It would really help if we had a Republican run city of that size to make a fair comparison.
A buddy of mine had his wife, who was sick with cancer, robbed at gunpoint. DPD did a great job and caught the armed robber. The Dallas DA let the robber, who had a criminal history, out on probation... which he promptly violated... and he is still running loose in our community.

It's the Soros DA's... augmented by some of the judges
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

How George Soros funded progressive ‘legal arsonist’ DAs behind US crime surge
“I don’t think we’ve ever seen anything like this where federal election level money and resources are brought to bear and coordinated to effectively flip local level races where campaign finance restrictions make it almost impossible to counter,” said Anderson, adding that conservative opponents are hamstrung by local campaign finance laws that Soros doesn’t have to abide by because he is using independent expenditures and not directly coordinating with the campaigns.

Critics say the policies of Soros-funded DAs, which have included abolishing bail and, in the case of Chicago, placing hundreds of violent criminals on electronic tracking systems, have led to a spike in crime throughout the country. According to the FBI’s annual Uniform Crime Report released in September, the country saw a 30 percent increase in homicides in 2020 — the largest single-year spike since they began recording crime statistics 60 years ago. The report also saw a 24 percent decrease in arrests across the country.

...“Everywhere Soros-backed prosecutors go, crime follows,” said Arkansas Republican Senator Tom Cotton in a statement to The Post. “These legal arsonists have abandoned their duty to public safety by pursuing leniency even for the most heinous crime, and they often flat-out refuse to charge criminals for shoplifting, vagrancy and entire categories of misdemeanors.”

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

George Soros' network of woke DA's he has bankrolled in cities across the US: How the Billionaire Democrat megadonor gave Chicago's Kim Foxx $2M and Philly's DA - where murder has doubled - got $1.7M

Cities Will Set Murder Records Because of 'Soros Effect'
On Nov. 21, six lives were senselessly taken as a deranged SUV driver intentionally mowed down scores of people attending a Christmas parade in the quiet Wisconsin town of Waukesha. The alleged assailant, Darrell Brooks, 39, was a registered sex offender who had been arrested 21 days prior for allegedly running over the mother of his child and then released on a shockingly low $1,000 bail.

Why was Brooks on the loose? Longtime Milwaukee County District Attorney John Chisholm holds what many in the law enforcement community consider a radical belief in setting low bail amounts for even highly violent arrestees. As he told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel when taking office in 2007: “Is there going to be an individual I divert, or I put into treatment program, who’s going to go out and kill somebody? You bet. Guaranteed. It’s guaranteed to happen.

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

...former New York City Police Commissioner Ray Kelly: “George Soros is a major cause for the systematic decline of American law enforcement. The mindset of his DAs — that criminals are victims — has done immeasurable harm, especially to poor minorities in our inner cities. Meanwhile, the complex network of nonprofits Soros uses to disperse his funds makes it nearly impossible to track what he’s doing to undermine our justice system. It’s ironic that his foundation is called The Open Society Institute, yet his anti-law-enforcement programs are deliberately designed to avoid public scrutiny.”

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

From 2019 to 2020, America experienced a record 30% increase in homicides. Using that as a general point of reference, we analyzed 13 cities with Soros-backed DAs – or, in the case of Phoenix, a Soros-backed sheriff. The Soros Effect is the projected difference – the delta – between the 30% rise in murders that occurred in the U.S. overall, and the additional rise in murders experienced by the Soros cities. It’s worth noting that most of these cities were already among the nation’s most violent before their Soros-backed DAs took office. These cities had already reached a theoretical saturation point in terms of their crime rates. However, with criminal-friendly, anti-bail Soros DAs in place, they achieved even higher rates of murder and violence.

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

This is what Soros has done in Texas:
Liberal-hip Austin, having elected Soros-backed DA Jose Garza only a year ago, is now on pace to close 2021 with a record 89 homicides – a staggering 85.4% increase over 2020.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Paladin wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:34 am This is what Soros has done in Texas:
Liberal-hip Austin, having elected Soros-backed DA Jose Garza only a year ago, is now on pace to close 2021 with a record 89 homicides – a staggering 85.4% increase over 2020.
Liberal Hip Austin is inundated with Kalifornia leftist scum democrats. Then you have University of Texas which adds some 50K brain washed communists.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”