Lighthouse ArtSpace San Antonio?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Boxerrider
Posts in topic: 4

Lighthouse ArtSpace San Antonio?

Post by Boxerrider »

Dear Sweet Wife wants to visit the Immersive Van Gogh exhibit at Lighthouse ArtSpace in San Antonio this weekend.
Has anyone been to or know anything about the venue? Nothing came up on my Texas3006.com search.

Thanks!
Jeff

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Lighthouse ArtSpace San Antonio?

Post by Vol Texan »

I don't live in San Antonio, and I've never been to this location, but a quick drive-by in Google Street View shows no external signage.
No promises to what you'll find inside, but it does appear to be relatively nondescript from an outside perspective.
The street view image shown below was captured only 10 months ago in March of '22.

Street View Image

If you get there and see a sign, please do add it to Texas3006.com :tiphat:
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Topic author
Boxerrider

Post by Boxerrider »

Thanks! I use the street view on Google maps occasionally but forget that it can be useful for this sort of thing.
I found some Facebook stuff, and a facility website https://www.lighthouseartspace.com/rent ... an-antonio
No visible signage, although it would be tough to see in the images they have of the entrance.
My SOP for this kind of deal includes shaving, dressing nicely, and concealing well. Wife bought tickets for this evening - I'll let you know how it goes.
:tiphat:

Paladin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Paladin »

I don't know about San Antonio, but the one in Dallas is 30.06 posted and they have security with metal detectors. Their website says none of this.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
Boxerrider

Post by Boxerrider »

Paladin wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:27 am I don't know about San Antonio, but the one in Dallas is 30.06 posted and they have security with metal detectors. Their website says none of this.
That's good to know. The locations all appear to be under the same administration, at least from the web presence, so this one may be the same. Parking is on-site, so I can discreetly return to the car if necessary.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Boxerrider wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:26 am
Paladin wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:27 am I don't know about San Antonio, but the one in Dallas is 30.06 posted and they have security with metal detectors. Their website says none of this.
That's good to know. The locations all appear to be under the same administration, at least from the web presence, so this one may be the same. Parking is on-site, so I can discreetly return to the car if necessary.
Yeah, their 30.06 sign was tucked away near the door and I ended up turning around and taking a trip back to the car.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

Topic author
Boxerrider

Post by Boxerrider »

No signs at all, no metal detectors, and nobody that looked like security. I was pleasantly surprised.
Parking was right by the building, so there wasn’t much of a walk either. It was daylight while we were there, I’m not sure what the environment is like after dark.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Boxerrider wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:50 pm No signs at all, no metal detectors, and nobody that looked like security. I was pleasantly surprised.
Parking was right by the building, so there wasn’t much of a walk either. It was daylight while we were there, I’m not sure what the environment is like after dark.
:cheers2:

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”