Renewal

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
patterson
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Renewal

Post by patterson »

Submitted renewal application on 3/4/2023 and just checked status and now showing license to carry mailed

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RoyGBiv »

patterson wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:50 pm Submitted renewal application on 3/4/2023 and just checked status and now showing license to carry mailed
2 weeks.... Pretty good.
Takes almost 2 weeks to renew my car registration online.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
patterson

Post by patterson »

Just received renewal plastic today so 16 days in all

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

RoyGBiv wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:40 am
patterson wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:50 pm Submitted renewal application on 3/4/2023 and just checked status and now showing license to carry mailed
2 weeks.... Pretty good.
Takes almost 2 weeks to renew my car registration online.
2 weeks is how long it took for mine to renew last June. I think that renewals are being processed pretty fast.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Mine was paid for on March 9 and it shows all has cleared and is being printed. Pretty quick.

Topic author
patterson

Post by patterson »

carlson1 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:45 am Mine was paid for on March 9 and it shows all has cleared and is being printed. Pretty quick.
You will probably receive it any day now

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

patterson wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:05 pm
carlson1 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:45 am Mine was paid for on March 9 and it shows all has cleared and is being printed. Pretty quick.
Yes sir it arrived today. That is awful quick. However my photo almost looks like I am an albino. They have whited out my hair.

:smilelol5:

Dave09
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Dave09 »

Patterson Thanks for the post/subject header!

It made me want to check my own LTC to see the expiration date since I didnt check it when I had previously "checked" my drivers license 3 months ago......

Turns out I did not check my drivers license as I had thought and it was actually my LTC.....When I checked my drivers license I found out it was in fact expired by 2 months. So thanks again because I probably would have kept driving on a expired license for a while without even realizing it. :shock:
Especially since I thought it was good into 2024.

Only reason why I made this mistake is because my drivers license is always at the front of my wallet and the wording at the top is blocked. I guess I had accidentally placed my LTC in front for once.

Topic author
patterson

Post by patterson »

carlson1 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:24 pm
Yes sir it arrived today. That is awful quick. However my photo almost looks like I am an albino. They have whited out my hair.

Lol my hair was already gray in the photo

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

patterson wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:41 pm
carlson1 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:24 pm

Lol my hair was already gray in the photo
Yea mine was gray also, but now it is a mixture of blue and yellow.

Topic author
patterson

Post by patterson »

Dave09 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:20 pm Patterson Thanks for the post/subject header!

It made me want to check my own LTC to see the expiration date since I didnt check it when I had previously "checked" my drivers license 3 months ago......

Turns out I did not check my drivers license as I had thought and it was actually my LTC.....When I checked my drivers license I found out it was in fact expired by 2 months. So thanks again because I probably would have kept driving on a expired license for a while without even realizing it. :shock:
Especially since I thought it was good into 2024.

Only reason why I made this mistake is because my drivers license is always at the front of my wallet and the wording at the top is blocked. I guess I had accidentally placed my LTC in front for once.
I have put the drivers license and LTC in the wrong order in my wallet a number of times as they looked similar but now new LTC looks totally different

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”