Renewal

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
patterson
Posts in topic: 7

Renewal

Post by patterson »

I received my renewal in the mail last week and current license doesnt expire till August. Does anyone know how long renewals currently take? Also after I did the online renewal application I got a email saying they would notify me if I needed new fingerprints or photo. Has anyone here had to do new fingerprints or photo for renewal?

oohrah
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Renewal

Post by oohrah »

The fact the you received the letter means your account at DPS is ready for renewal. There is no reason for delay, your new expiration date will be based on the current expiration date, not how early you renew. The DPS portal will tell you if anything is needed. I did mine last year and got my new plastic in 2-3 weeks.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

oohrah wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:48 pm The fact the you received the letter means your account at DPS is ready for renewal. There is no reason for delay, your new expiration date will be based on the current expiration date, not how early you renew. The DPS portal will tell you if anything is needed. I did mine last year and got my new plastic in 2-3 weeks.
:iagree: Same here

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

When renewing on the internet what is the extra 37.83 fee plus the price for the License?

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Tex1961 »

carlson1 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:49 am When renewing on the internet what is the extra 37.83 fee plus the price for the License?
When/where did you see that ?

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RoyGBiv »

oohrah wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:48 pm The fact the you received the letter means your account at DPS is ready for renewal. There is no reason for delay, your new expiration date will be based on the current expiration date, not how early you renew. The DPS portal will tell you if anything is needed. I did mine last year and got my new plastic in 2-3 weeks.
:iagree:

I've received the "fingerprints" notice on every renewal but have never been asked to submit new prints.

I'm sure I just jinxed myself for next time. :lol:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Tex1961 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:59 am
carlson1 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:49 am When renewing on the internet what is the extra 37.83 fee plus the price for the License?
https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/lt ... on=session

It pops up when you go pay.

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

carlson1 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:04 am

Well that’s new 😫. Are you sure you don’t have something extra checked as an add on.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Fees table... Opens PDF..

https://www.dps.texas.gov/sites/default ... hedule.pdf

No 37.50 fee listed... strange.
Closest thing is if someone claimed Indigent... $35 fee plus maybe some online processing charge for $2.50.. ?
Just guessing..

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Tex1961 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:09 am
carlson1 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:04 am

Well that’s new 😫. Are you sure you don’t have something extra checked as an add on.
I have tried three times and decided to stop so they didn’t lock me out. I had a notice in the mail and decided to take care of it today. Well it didn’t happen.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

RoyGBiv wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:18 pm Fees table... Opens PDF..

Closest thing is if someone claimed Indigent... $35 fee plus maybe some online processing charge for $2.50.. ?
Just guessing..
You are correct! I came home and tried it again and made my little fat fingers to only select standard. Thanks for the help.
I guess this is the standard email??
TxDPS will attempt to use the Texas DL/ID photo and resubmit the fingerprints on file for your renewal application. If either of these items does not meet current quality standards, TxDPS will notify the applicant and a new submission will be required.

Topic author
patterson

Post by patterson »

5 days in on my renewal application and i checked the status and everything is checked except for print pending so I guess fingerprints and photo are good

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

patterson wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:57 pm I received my renewal in the mail last week and current license doesnt expire till August. Does anyone know how long renewals currently take? Also after I did the online renewal application I got a email saying they would notify me if I needed new fingerprints or photo. Has anyone here had to do new fingerprints or photo for renewal?
I got my renewal letter early last June…4 months before expiration. I submitted the application about a week later, and 2 weeks after that, I had my plastic in hand.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

carlson1 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:02 pm
RoyGBiv wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:18 pm Fees table... Opens PDF..

Just guessing..
You are correct! I came home and tried it again and made my little fat fingers to only select standard. Thanks for the help.
I guess this is the standard email??
TxDPS will attempt to use the Texas DL/ID photo and resubmit the fingerprints on file for your renewal application. If either of these items does not meet current quality standards, TxDPS will notify the applicant and a new submission will be required.
Good news! .... Happy I could help in whatever small way.

I do believe that the Fingerprints message is standard for everyone... No reason to worry. Worst case, they ask for new prints... but... hasn't happened to anyone that I know about... So far. ;-)

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

just did mine last month and mine expires in JULY
just under 3 weeks total
i did the stuff online and sent a few documents and got an email then next monday it was moving on.
checked it a week or so later and it showed awaiting printing and mail out
then out of blue it was here

and its GREEN tinted so we all get our GREEN cards now :biggrinjester: :biggrinjester:
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”