Ft. Worth Zoo Posted?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 3

Ft. Worth Zoo Posted?

Post by carlson1 »

I searched the Forum and I know I have seen this answer, but can’t find it. Is the Ft. Worth Zoo poster and if it is posted is it legal?

TIA
Carl

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Ft. Worth Zoo Posted?

Post by puma guy »

carlson1 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:33 pm I searched the Forum and I know I have seen this answer, but can’t find it. Is the Ft. Worth Zoo poster and if it is posted is it legal?

TIA
Carl
Carl,
This is from Texas 30.06 and dated 2008, but I have visited a couple of times since then probably 2012-15 and it was posted and per the comments it appears it still is.

Business Name
Fort Worth Zoo

MapReport

Park / Outdoors

1989 Colonial Pkwy

Fort Worth

30.06 & 30.07 Sign

Behind Entrance

Yes

Mod Note: The Attorney General has ruled that the signage is valid and enforceable even though the land is city owned. Carry at your own risk.

48 additional comments

2008-06-19
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Thank you.

Tylerscott20
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Tylerscott20 »

The AG ruling does not claim it is “enforceable.” It says it that section 411.209, which is the mechanism intended for the AG suing the entity for wrongly posting signage on government property doesn’t apply because the zoo is leased to a private entity who posted the signs. The letter never addresses the enforcibilty of 30.06, but since it is actually owned by fort worth it cannot be enforced per section (e) of 30.06 below:

(e) It is an exception to the application of this section that the property on which the license holder carries a handgun is owned or leased by a governmental entity and is not a premises or other place on which the license holder is prohibited from carrying the handgun under Section 46.03 or 46.035.

https://www2.texasattorneygeneral.gov/f ... th_Zoo.pdf

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Tylerscott20 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:31 am The AG ruling does not claim it is “enforceable.” It says it that section 411.209, which is the mechanism intended for the AG suing the entity for wrongly posting signage on government property doesn’t apply because the zoo is leased to a private entity who posted the signs. The letter never addresses the enforcibilty of 30.06, but since it is actually owned by fort worth it cannot be enforced per section (e) of 30.06 below:

(e) It is an exception to the application of this section that the property on which the license holder carries a handgun is owned or leased by a governmental entity and is not a premises or other place on which the license holder is prohibited from carrying the handgun under Section 46.03 or 46.035.

https://www2.texasattorneygeneral.gov/f ... th_Zoo.pdf
This is music my ears.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”