Packin' in National parks

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by KBCraig »

Russell wrote:
KBCraig wrote:Carrying in a National Park isn't a "federal weapons charge", at least not in the image the phrase brings to mind. If caught, you'd be written a ticket. It's a misdemeanor.
Really? So the only trouble you would get into with carrying in a National Park on federal land is a misdemeanor ticket?
The restriction on carry isn't a law; it's a Rule, published in the Code of Federal Regulations.

Federal agencies write these Rules themselves. They're not debated in Congress and signed by the President, as a law is. These Rules can't create felonies; only Congress can do that.

RubenZ
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RubenZ »

Can't carry on Padre?

Don't know about them but there have Murders ALL the TIME on the Beach Access area here at South Padre Island. You'd be DUMB not to pack.

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by KBCraig »

Russell wrote:So if there is no jail time, and a small ticket, what about the aspect of your CHL being suspended? Jim said he is not quite sure about if your CHL would be suspended or not. Do you know the answer to that one?
Sorry, I don't know the answer. As someone else said, it depends on two things: first, if the federal agency reports it, and second, if DPS looks at the potential punishment and decides it is the equivalent of Class B or higher.

boomerang
Posts in topic: 1

Post by boomerang »

Is it on the level of a municipal ordinance or more like a speeding ticket? Either way, the uncertainty is another great reason for having a backup license in a State with reciprocity. Eligibility requirements for many States only consider real laws passed by a legislative body, not Constitutionally questionable regulations invented by some faceless bureaucrat.

artx
Posts in topic: 1

Post by artx »

boomerang wrote:Is it on the level of a municipal ordinance or more like a speeding ticket? Either way, the uncertainty is another great reason for having a backup license in a State with reciprocity. Eligibility requirements for many States only consider real laws passed by a legislative body, not Constitutionally questionable regulations invented by some faceless bureaucrat.
What are some examples of states that only consider laws and not CFR?

Velocity

Post by Velocity »

RubenZ wrote:Can't carry on Padre?

Don't know about them but there have Murders ALL the TIME on the Beach Access area here at South Padre Island. You'd be DUMB not to pack.
I THINK the the "national park" section is only NORTH Padre Island - as far as I know, CHLs may carry in SOUTH Padre Island.

Can someone verify?

seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

Velocity wrote:I THINK the the "national park" section is only NORTH Padre Island - as far as I know, CHLs may carry in SOUTH Padre Island.
You are correct.

http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... php?t=9336

- Jim

RubenZ

Post by RubenZ »

Awesome.

Velocity

Post by Velocity »

seamusTX wrote:
Velocity wrote:I THINK the the "national park" section is only NORTH Padre Island - as far as I know, CHLs may carry in SOUTH Padre Island.
You are correct.

http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... php?t=9336

- Jim
Good to know since I carried last time I was there! :grin:

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”