Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
zigzag
Posts in topic: 3

HPD shot 300 lb guy , Justified !

Post by zigzag »

http://www.click2houston.com/video/14380517/index.html

http://www.click2houston.com/news/14380470/detail.html#

This was yesterday's news. Looks like he did use nonlethal spray then the final lethal force. The City is backing him up.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 1

Re: HPD shot 300 lb guy , Justified !

Post by Liberty »

zigzag wrote:http://www.click2houston.com/video/14380517/index.html

http://www.click2houston.com/news/14380470/detail.html#

This was yesterday's news. Looks like he did use nonlethal spray then the final lethal force. The City is backing him up.
Interesting but the dead guy was a 270 lber. NOT 300# as in the subjet line here.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Topic author
zigzag

Post by zigzag »

typo . :grin:

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

There's a lot that's not been released yet. I'd bet there were some drugs in Smith. Sounds like he was crazy.

Since the officer tried using his tazer several times to no effect, with the current info, I'd give the benefit of doubt to the officer.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
zigzag

Post by zigzag »

It said Smith stopped his vehicle and wallk towards the cop attending another traffic stop .

waltherone
Posts in topic: 2

Post by waltherone »

"What they shoot him for? That’s what we want to know," a family member said. "You buck-naked with no weapon -- what you going to shoot for."

Maybe they shot him because they couldn't understand what he was saying through his dirt poor grammar..

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

waltherone wrote:"What they shoot him for? That’s what we want to know," a family member said. "You buck-naked with no weapon -- what you going to shoot for."

A 270 pound naked man walks threateningly toward an LEO during a traffic stop, and the LEO isn't supposed to be alarmed? Then, this large, naked individual fails to back down after being tazed?
Was the LEO supposed to assume this individual was selling Girl Scout cookies? Some people can't see the forest for the trees.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

waltherone
Posts in topic: 2

Post by waltherone »

Venus Pax wrote:
waltherone wrote:"What they shoot him for? That’s what we want to know," a family member said. "You buck-naked with no weapon -- what you going to shoot for."

A 270 pound naked man walks threateningly toward an LEO during a traffic stop, and the LEO isn't supposed to be alarmed? Then, this large, naked individual fails to back down after being tazed?
Was the LEO supposed to assume this individual was selling Girl Scout cookies? Some people can't see the forest for the trees.
Nah, it's just different when it's your family I guess. You know how mothers say "you'll always be my little boy?" Some people take it to the extreme.

Bet your behind that if I ever got shot (but not killed) while raping someone or something, my mom would be the FIRST person to come at me with a pair of scissors trying to castrate my sorry butt.

That must be why I turned out so well. My parents knew who to blame when something went wrong.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”