CHL allowed at Fort Worth Alliance Air Show?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Shadowboxer
Posts in topic: 1

CHL allowed at Fort Worth Alliance Air Show?

Post by Shadowboxer »

The website says in the FAQ section firearms are not allowed, but I'm not familiar with the facilities there and whether that also includes CHL. Anyone know?

Also, is this a good sized show?

bigolbigun

Re: CHL allowed at Fort Worth Alliance Air Show?

Post by bigolbigun »

Can't help you on the carry part,but it is a big air show. Usually a pretty good one with big crowds and lots of traffic.

wacc

Post by wacc »

Has anyone gone to the show with their hand gun? If so, is 30.06 posted and are their metal detectors?

couzin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by couzin »

The website for the show says no guns including CHL and then they post the website with 30.06 language...
“Only at the end do you realize the power of the Dark Side.”

dicion

Post by dicion »

Where is the show held?

Is it on government property? State/Federal? Makes all the difference.

couzin

Post by couzin »

Alliance is owned by City of Fort Worth, operated by Hillwood (Ross jr's outfit).
“Only at the end do you realize the power of the Dark Side.”

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

I'm sure that the ramp is considered an AOA area. So, my answer would be no.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

If they let you into the area without a ticket to get on a plane, it is not part of the secured facility. That is, as I understand it, one of the new (well since 9/11/01) rules for the secured area. Passengers only.

Other than that, if the airport is city owned, they cannot post 30.06. But I would advise against testing it as a general rule. That is one area where I would not trust the jury to truly understand the rules. They would probably think airport and then think secured area and convict.
Steve Rothstein

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I remember from somewhere that when it comes to a jury or a judge it depends on your defense. If a defense were based on the law then one would want a judge. But, if it were based on the facts then a jury would be more desirable.

I would have thought the tarmac fell into the secure area rule. Thanks for the new rules Steve.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

C-dub, I could be wrong as this is not an area I worked in, but the tarmac is generally open to the public (sort of). I can go to the general aviation side of any airport and be allowed in. I would then be on the tarmac, though in a different area from the main terminals. Some airports will have some security rules on this, but not all and not the same ones.

A big flaw in airport security is that I could load up a Cessna (or similar plane) in at the municipal airport in Lockhart (drive right up to my airplane) and fly it into any non-military airport I wanted. this is one of the reasons I am so opposed to the security rules at airports. Besides being against the Constitution (as I understand it), they are just security theater and not true security.

But to keep on topic, if they are going to allow the general public I for the show, it is pretty much a given that the area would not be considered part of the secure area. There may be special rules for that day, but even so, those rules would cover it. I cannot see the TSA allowing 100,000 people into their secure area and not protesting it.
Steve Rothstein

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

TSA = Thousands Standing Around

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Jason73

Post by Jason73 »

I attended the air show Saturday, and the gate located by the control tower was posted 30.06 on both sides of the entrance. They also had signs advising firearms were prohibited.

Security at the gate was provided by the Texas Air Guard. They did not use metal detectors and only conducted random searches. I did not see any armed guards at the gate, however they did have armed military patrols in SUV's and on ATV's as well as FWPD driving around.

I will be leaving mine at home next year, made me nervous leaving it locked in the vehicle for 8 hrs knowing the parking lot has no security whatsoever.

as a side note, if any of you take part in planning of the air show or know someone who does, putting the bounce houses for the kids right along the runway = bad idea!!! :banghead: :banghead:

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

I did not see the 30.06 signs, but I wasn't carrying. I usually check anyway, just forgot.

Since we are making suggestions for next year, the handicapped parking lot was full by 1:00, so we havd to park elsewhere. And the handicapped parking was still 400 yards from the gate, too far from my mid-80s parents to walk, so we ended up watching from outside the gate.

They need to provide shuttles for seniors and handicapped.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”